back on the bandwagon

• hi all, i've used body for life over the years and i'm convinced of it's life changing power because it's helped me change myself. however, i think i'm at a bit of a crossroads. I'm 44 years old, and i'm back on the bandwagon, trying to lose the 30lbs i've put on since i fell off the bandwagon, (this time i'm on for life!) however, since i'm older now, i'm finding it very difficult to shed this weight!  I've been at it for 3 weeks now, dutifully going to the gym and doing my workouts, however i'm doing 5 days a week instead of 6, and i cheat on my cheat day the same as i did when i was younger. is this the source of my problem? do i need to add that 6th workout day as recommended in the program, and maybe limit my cheat day to possibly a cheat half day? any input would be appreciated. thanks all.

db

• I say, Give it some time! Your building muscle which is heavier than fat, so the scale is not really helpful.  And as far as cheat days, you cant beat yourself up for that- there called cheat days for a reason.  I would add the 6th workout though.  20 more min of cardio is over in no time and you will really benefit.  Patience, and stick to it, you'll be seeing results in no time!

• I am in my 3rd week so it looks like we are possibly on the same track.  I had been talking to a group of people that started at the same time but they seemed to have dropped like flies!  How is everything working for you with your slight modification?  This past week, I noticed more muscle definition in areas that I did not know I had!  I have eaten clean and worked out religiously.  This morning, I am down 4 lbs.  FINALLY.  Would love to keep track of eachother since we started at the same time!  Keep it up and congrats on making a decision to change your life.

• thanks for the words of encouragement! yes, definitely that would be ok with me, we can check in here at the end of each week maybe?

• I need to get back on myself.  KEep at it