what time you guys work out?

• just curious. i find if i don't get up early enough to do them, like before my day even starts, it throws my whole day outta whack. also i am still having a real hard time changing my eating habits and planning and preparing all these meals. i dunno maybe its me

• I usually get up and head to the Y a little before 5am.  I eat breakfast at 6:30am, head to work at 7am and planning is the best thing you can do to help.  I will give you my plan....keep it simple if you don't have time to do a lot of cooking.  5am workout, 6:30am breakfast (greek yogurt & fruit w/toast), 9:30am snack (protein shake); 12:00 lunch grilled chicken & salad;  3:30 snack (protein bar or shake); 7pm dinner (this one is difficult for me with kids - protein & veggie); 9pm snack (greek yogurt & fruit).  I have to keep a tall glass of ice water on my desk at all times to get the water for the day.  Also, I add crystal light lemonade to help get my cups in for the day!  I hope this helps, but I pretty much keep my snacks & breakfast the same and change up my lunch & dinner.  Also, if I buy a grilled chicken salad - I will split it in a half & eat it for lunch and my 3:30pm snack.  Good luck!  I completely understand about if you don't get up - it messes your day up!  I have missed a few and it is just best to get your work out done early.  I sometimes do my cardio in the afternoon if I feel that I need the extra hour of sleep.  It seems harder to wake up during the summer... it is daylight until 9pm & there is so much to do before bed time.

Tonja

• On my days off i work out in the AM  On days I work, I workout before dinner.

• drizzy, I think you and I both struggle with the same problems... whatever they may be and what is causing them.  I am debating now about trying to do my workouts in the morning.  I feel at the end of the day, especially if it was crazy at work, the last thing I want to do is work out.  I just wanna sit on the couch and eat bad food.  :(

I am hoping that Monday will be (another) new start for me.  And hopefully this time, I can make it all the way to day 84!

• Greetings, I know that they usually suggest AM in the book and on line but my work Starts at 6am so I am resigned to the fact that I must do my cardio and workouts in the afternoon, but it does seem still to work for me.  I think it is very important for your system to adjust to some kind of regular workout time and not to keep jumping around all the time. If I could workout in the morning I would do so but only on a regular basis not here and there, as I have done only when an event occuring in the afternoon would interfere with my scheduled gym session. (early closing of the gym for a holiday is one example )

• dobe i think so. its not easy is it to break old habits and change everything about you that you have been accustom to doing your whole life is it? at least for me it ain't

• thanks Tonja ;)

• I am NOT a morning person. I get off work at 5, go home make dinner (simple dinner...children are grown...this makes a difference), lay down for 30 mins on the floor with my feet up, then head for the gym at 7pm. The 30 min rest usually refereshes me enough to make it. It's like my daily gift to myself. I also just 'put it on the schedule' for 7pm. It's gotten to where 7pm rolls around and I'm getting all rushed to get my shoes on and ready to head out the door just like I would for work. The gym is close to my house...that makes a difference too. When I get done I come home and pack the next days lunch, throw a load of laundry in the dryer or fold one, feed the animals, and get ready for bed. I saying I found made me take notice of my reason for not getting a work out done..."If your standing in the line that's waiting to feel like it, get out. That's the line that never moves." I was guilty of "waiting to feel like it".

• I'm a morning workout person. I get up at 6:00 a.m., go for a 50-60 minute walk then lift as soon as I return to the house. I have always been a morning lifter, even when I worked, only then my day started at 4:30 a.m. I feel much better after my workout. I do agree with many of the other replies. I think whatever works for you as long as you keep doing it is -perfectly fine. I'm into week 7 of my second BFL challenge and I take it one day at a time. Remember, everyone struggles. You are not alone! Wishing you the BEST...keep going...

• I'm absolutely a morning person when it comes to my workouts.  The primary reason is I work long hours and after a 12-14 hour workday (including my commute) working out, competing for equipment, watching the meat market at the gym is the last thing on my mind.  I do however ride my recumbent bike in the evenings when I'm watching TV with my wife.

I work out in the gym three mornings a week, MWF.  I then run three mornings a week, TTHSAT.  I typically do an hour of biking each night, 6 days a week, and then Sundays I do nothing.  

Because of my work and family commitments, getting my workouts and running done at dark thirty in the morning is the only way.  it's amazing how little people need you between 5:00 am to 6:30 am.

Semper Fi,

Brez

• I don't like working out first thing in the morning because I feel starved & run out of gas quickly.  I start work early 6:00AM & work a 10 hour day.  But I have a desk job & I'm not physically tired in the evening.  Sometimes its tough mentally to work out in the evening but as soon as I get into it a bit it's no problem. The perfect sechedule for me would be to get up, eat and work out about 90 min later.  So when I win the lottery....lol

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura