NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE 4-29-2012

• Hmmm.. had to add a post script.  Muscle burns calories.  Build the muscle, the weight will start to fall off. Do you have the book?  If not - you would really enjoy reading it - and it is really helpful.  You can find it almost anywhere, Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com. ebay. Alibris, Half.com.  Andyhou can purchase it used for pennies. You can do this - you will do this!

By the way - I'm 68!

Dee

• I need some advice as well. I am in week 5, i lost 13lbs in the first 2 weeks and then gained 3lbs in the 3rd week. I have seen no weight loss or difference in my clothes. I am geeting frustrated and discouraged. I have not cheated and i am working out. I play tennis once a week, soccer 2 to 3 times per week and i also lift weights and do my abs. I just dont know what to do from here. Has anyone else had this problem? Please help!

• I can imagine how frustrating that is.  I'm not an expert.  I'm sure others will have advice.  The only thing I can think of is - have you read the book?  Are you going by the book.  For what it's worth - it seems to be the champions say do it by the book. Muscle weighs more than fat - but...I wonder -  if you're not cheating - how are your portions?  I'm playing devil's advocate here. What did you change in the 3rd week. Are you keeping a journal of what you are eating - and exercising.  Are you drinking your water?  I wish I had an answer for you.  But I will ecourage you and say - don't give up.  We're all behind you!

Dee

• @bhampton  few questions..do you follow the meal plan to a "T"?  do you do the 3 cardio session and hit 10's every time? and not to be to blunt about it..its only week 5 so much goes on in these complex bodies of ours in the 1st month alone that its shocked at whats happening and has to adjust to it..hang tough & keep it going.  If you do it as it is layed out for you, you will see results. YOU WILL !!

Quick story...I kept reading, reading, reading the forum, kept hearing about this week 8 epiphany, woke up on week 8 monday morning all excited to look in the mirror..no big deal :(   Thought ok week 9 will do it..little better but no huge "transformation" week 10, 11, 12 rest week  Challenge 2 etc etc.  I am currently on week 2 of Challenge 2 working my a** off  & GRADUALLY I am seeing these amazing changes.  We didnt get here in a month, therefore be patient & keep working towards your goal.  I know I am NOT like the people in the pictures in the book/online that after 12 weeks I'll look like a bikini model but maybe after 3 challenges..or 4..or 10  I WILL & I KNOW I will do it.. YOU WILL TOO!!!!!

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!!!  you got this

JODI :)

• Another thought is to replace your scale with one that measures BF%. They aren't too expensive and they WILL motivate you...if you HAVE to look. I do.

I am on week 6, and my weight has "only" gone from 199 to 186, BUT my BF has plummeted from 34% to 22%.

Getting only half the necessary information can be dangerous.

Check out Tanita scales on-line. $80 is sooo worth it, just to reaffirm what you will already start to see and feel.

Also...going easy on the weights and doubling up on cardio ISNT going to help. Building lean mass is a momentum builder.

ROCK ON Man!!

• Glenn, We all rejoice in picking those pounds up for years if not decades without any concern whatsoever, but when comes time to lose we feel we should lose them in one month!

To help you situate yourself, think to the last time you looked good physically and track back to now and count the total years. I don't know how many pounds you want to lose, but just think as you were "patient" with yourself in accumulating them, here comes time where the reverse of that needs to be considered: Be patient with yourself. And don't weight yourself every day, that's going to drive you crazy. You weren't weighting yourself back then every day, why should you now?

You are right about the cardio. It helps flash the fat faster than bodybuilding helps build muscle, simply because it is harder to build a specific amount of muscle than it is to lose the same in fat. You are right about that. So go mad with the cardio, while at the same time monitoring the calories intake.  The moral of the lesson for you and for all of us is: this should entice us to keep an eye on every thing we put in our mouth. I am talking mainly about myself here, if one sees a pack of their favorite this or that, and its weight is 6 oz yet the calories are 700. they should  observe and ask " while enjoying this would last only for 2 minutes, how long would it take me to burn it? and if I don't, how many years would it sit on my hips? before I build the needed leverage to do what is needed to "export it  out" LOL.".

"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory." – Ralph Waldo Emerson---

• Hello bhampton,

It is a good possibility that you might have only partially cleared your intestinal track during the first 2 weeks. So the weight was not fat weight. But something else. We all tend to forget that our intestins hold lot and lots. When Elvis Presley died, they 'found' 40 lbs of stuck *** in his intestins during the utopsy, 40 pounds!!!!!! and he was struggling with controlling his weight also. I just can't see someone losing that much weight on such easy food deal in as little as 2 weeks. I've done the BFL program for 5 weeks b4 I busted one of my spine disks  few years back and I was able to lose 5 lbs of fat in 5 weeks b4 the injury. I was on the "Q" with everything.  Have a friend sit down with you and try to trooble shoot the glitch. Playing tennis and soccer could mean lots of things to lots of people. If you can help it, drop that and Stick with 4 hrs of BFL  weekly workout. 3x45 mns of weight lifting and 3x20 mns of high cardio+ one day rest.

"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory." – Ralph Waldo Emerson---