January 9ers, C2, and April 9ers C1, let's start this new thread!

• Natalie-  I had that thought once during the last challenge.  I was putting on tanning lotion and bent down to rub it on my legs and said out loud...What the heck!!!  My legs were dimpled!!!  I had not had dimples before I started exercising...so I was not happy!!  They are since mostly gone...thank the Lord!! I did crank it up on lower body though!!!  

I did set my weight loss goal way too high last go around!! 30lbs!!  Not very realistic...unfortunately.  This time I want 10 lbs fat loss and will start tracking food...maybe on my fitness pal.  i have been trying to follow the eating plan set up in the book, but I just don't know...I get really frustrated when the number does not move on the scale!!

Tuna- Oh my gosh!!  That is a lot of weight!! Wow!!

My workout is planned for this afternoon!!  Gonna work those stinking dimples to death!!!

Marcia

• @thistimesforreal:  In the book, Bill Phillips suggests eating veggies at least twice during the day.  Green veggies like spinach, broccoli or zucchini have almost no calories, but lots of good vitamins, minerals, etc., and have the added advantage of helping you feel full.  I also like blueberries (not on the original list in the book, but in recipes on the website) which are also very low in calories, but high in antioxidants, and yummy.  I like to eat them for dessert in the evening, sometimes with a little fat-free yogurt.

• @ bobbyA - everyone is different, my body gets strong from lifting weights, i have a strong base from all the sports that I have played in the past!

@natalieCA- its pretty awesome when u have 14 45's plates on the legs press, or 6 45's on a bench press....

@run4life - yes its difficult with all the booze and large steak dinners its VERY VERY TUFF!

but this is where C2 is going to come into play, I need to concentrae on the DIET and not cheating!

small balanced meal...

@thistimesforreal - I am not the best on the diet side of BFL, but from what advice and I have noticed in the past, you may be eating to little. Also stay away from peanut butter, Yes better alternative then donuts,- however very high in calories from fat for ratio to protein, would be considered more of a fat then protein. I would get some eggs in your diet in the morning....

I would stick to "ALLOWED" food only in the BFL book to start use as a guideline and do not stray, give it 4 weeks! u will notice a huge difference  

• OK weight room is still a mess....

...hey I did make a lift today not UBWO like I intended ...went the other way...LBWO and my first 1 minute plank...lovin' it.

It will definitely be part of my routine...would like to work up to hold one for five minutes...not sure if that is realistic lite or too much over 12 weeks...but gonna try it and see how it goes.  Todays plank did feel great after it was over...like I worked my whole body...

Tomorrow is another cardio and will try to put in my UBWO to catch up. Friday another light LBWO and Saturday normally my day off another UBWO to get back into sequence.

I gotta get my life more organized before the summer when it really gets busy...or it will destroy me.

@ thistimesforreal - looks delicious...but could it be light on the calories...not sure, but did some quickie guestimating and was thinking it might be around 1,200 (just guessing) looks like it might be pretty balanced on P/C/F -guestimating again here.

They say you should shoot for around 40%P/40%C/20%F for trying to build muscle...again just guessing but it looks like you are better at this ratio then I have been.

if you are trying to cut weight...which I am currently trying to do rather than muscle building (though it is coming with the weight loss just harder to build muscle when you are light on calories esp.  on the protein side). Anyway I digress...what I am doing is eating a total calorie amount each day equivalent to my target weight Basal Metabolic Rate [for me around 1,850 theoretical] That puts me in a net calorie deficit situation automatically and should get me to lose 1.0-1.5 pounds per week without any exercise. Then with exercise I am burning around 500 calories on average for another 1.0 pound of weight lose per week. So, that is around 2.0-2.5 pounds per week. It was holding pretty true for me with my first BFL C1 even with a travel couple weeks that forced more calories into my system. If I back those out, I was able to track this fairly well and will be using this same approach during this challenge.

Anyway, hope this helps.

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• @frick----lol with the hurdle. I was in florida last week and really enjoyed running on the beach, but definetly feeling the pain in my knees from the sand. I really didn't put the connection together until i read your post.

I have been struggling getting out of bed to get my work outs in this week. I did get 1 cardio in and 1 ubwo so far this week. The ubwo was great, eating hasnt been too bad but I can do better.

Hang in there 9er's the fun has just begun!

• @bartmarshall - looks like you got a start in the bank...I know what you are saying about struggling with this start.

C2 seemed to have just creep up on me and I did not have the plan in place like I had hoped and the motivation is taking a while to get ramped up... I did kick off the start of C2 with a donut...talk about lack of motivation...and well, OK ...it was actually two donuts in a row over two days. Someone sew my lips shut! That's behind me time to eat more cleanly.

My work out room is still torn apart...although I was able to get a lift in. a LBWO...not the UBWO like I planned...where is the PLAN! Anyway with the room the way it was it was more like an obstacle lifting activity. Will definitely have to get the workout room together this weekend...the next available block of time.

Definitely got cabin fever up here with the cold and then warm day and night. Cannot wait for spring to finally be here and stay...in the interim...I wonder if I can move in with Frick for a couple weeks (-:

All the best 9ers!~

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Hey has anyone heard from TMasto or some of the other original blog 9ers who were active on the blog...

...not sure if they were coming along for C2 or not...just missing some of them...

maybe it is busy for them now...hope we don't lose them...

all for now!

• Hi all! I too just started my 1st BFL challenge on April 9th and would love to join this thread. I have been doing the long distance running thing for a little while now and am about to complete my 3rd marathon at the end of this month!

I really want to use this program to gain muscle and increase my speed/general athleticism. One major goal right now is to get my 5k time down below 20 min again! I'm about to go get one in to see how far I have to go :)... I'll post the results.

All the best!

• @run-----I know what you mean about having a plan, that is completely my problem right now. When we did the first challenge I had everything laid out, step by step. Need to get back to that!

To all the folks starting C1......plan, plan, plan!

• My plan is to not be so sore...I wonder if my body will go along with it~! Ahh, the joys of starting another lifting program:)

• First 5k came in at 23:27.48. So, I need to shave around 1 min per mile over the next 12 weeks...gonna be tough! Going to get another one in during week 4.

• CAn anyone join this group? I'm starting my first challenge (9th April) and would love the support of the group. Pretty please....:-)

• Is anyone using the body for life tracker? Ive tried signing up but the system errors at the end. Week 1 is nearly finished. Last workout is tomorrow morning (I'm in Australia so a bit ahead of most of you that live in north america) and I've hit my 10s this week. So thrilled.  The weekends always present a huge challenge for me but I have my meals planned and I'm determined to stay on track.  Good luck everyone. Nearly 1 week down.

• Perthmom - welcome to the craziness...Awesome job on the 1st week workouts and planning

...I have not used the tracker myself so I am not any help here...

Will have to look into it.

I lived ‘downunder’ many years ago and had the pleasure to tour most of the country. Unfortunately I was not able to see Darwin, Tasmania and your beautiful city... my loss!

…perhaps I will have another opportunity in the future…I would like that.

So welcome and keep going strong.

I am sure someone in this group will be able to weigh in on the BFL tracker.

All the best for now!

• Hey 9ners!!!

Havent posted in the last two days.  I have been so busy with work and working out LOL!! Wednesday was UBWO and omg I am still feeling sore LOL.  I really worked my bi's and tri's.  Its such a great feeling though.  Yesterday was cardio and that was great.  I even managed to drag my bf into the gym with me.  I am really excited for him.  I think he sees my hard work and determination paying off and wants to jump on the bandwagon.  Today is LBWO and I will be doing that after work tonight.  Now to eating...I have had a couple of stressful days this week and I def filled my bucket of emotional eating.  Wednesday was a difficult day with family and work, and after my workout I indulged in a large bowl of white rice and lentils.  The fat content wasnt so bad but it was probably too many carbs.  But oh well.  Today is another day.  I also realize that I need to up my water intake.  I dont think I have been drinking as much as I need to.

@run4life and momoffour: thanks for the feedback.  guess its just something that the body does?  Funny thing is that now I push myself even more even though I am skinnier than what I started off with. You would think that the lighter you get, the easier it is, but now I feel like I have to worker even harder to accomplish my goals.  

@Bart: Hey how is it going?  How is your eating doing?

Alrighty everyone keep going stronger through the weekend.  We can do this!

Have a great weekend!!!

~Natalie