50+ and determined...

• UBWO 2 days ago felt great...had courage and upped the weights...felt good in the end.

Yesterday, a 45 minute elliptical cardio tempo run. Resistance cycling up and down at a high level with the machine telling me to spin faster! ...FASTER! I think it was laughing at me the whole way as it kicked my B-U-T-T-O-M. I was close to the required rotation speed, but on the lite side. This is my new challenge! I will not let that machine beat me!

Hope all else is well with the group...been a little quite on this thread lately...just wanted you guys to know I haven't abandoned you!

Week 7 for me at the mid-point today...

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• So have any of you had several false starts one right after the other?  I am supposedly starting week 3 tomorrow, but haven't had a recognizable BFL day in nearly a week!  :((

2/26  217   3/18  212

• for me it was a big help printing off the chart of proteins, carbs and veggies. did you get that in the book? I can scan it and send it to you if I have your email or something. I put that on the fridge and it helped. Actually go on this site, and to the menu of recipes, meal samples etc... that will help out alot!

once you get started it will come easier. You can do it, it's all in your hand. fist size carbs, palm size meats lots of veggie and water . For me what i struggle with is no home gym. but I'm not letting that bother me. good luck and see the encouraging notes on the forum on this site. lots of tabs but really good!! Hope that helps.

• Just finished week 7 today.  Last week was my first "bad" week, missed 2 cardio workouts and had 2 bad eating days.  So I'm determined not to screw up for the next 5 weeks.  I really want to fit into my goal outfit, that's my way of determining my progress since the scale just won't budge.  So no more screw ups except on my free day.  Looking forward to these next 5 weeks showing amazing results (at least that's what everyone says).  12+ years ago when I did the challenge week 9 was my break through week and I haven't fit into that goal outfit ever since, in fact I gave it away, but I found an old suit that I want to fit into and if that fits, then that opens up a whole new closet of clothes for me that I never gave up on.

• Jwin - Week 7...you're on the down hill side!

I am 1 week ahead of you.

Seen some progress but the last four weeks my measurements were the same as week 4s measurements.

That bummed me out until I took the pictures and compared them to week 4.

There is definately an improvement going on for me.

So I am no longer a believer with the measurements and scale like I used to be.

SO... you missed 2 cardios and you had 2 days of fun eating.

I have not been pure on the eating... it is my down fall....especially at the start of the day!

Like you I am working on that...but it is progress and not perfection.

I am glad to hear that you had previous BFL success later around week 9+. This is my 1st BFL And I have read that it will happen if we stay as true to the program as possible.

SO... I am doing my best and I am excited to see this through.

I will look for you and your posts to hear all about your success at the end of week 12.

For now all the best for week 8!

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Wrench and the group...

You guys still hangin in there...

Week ten for me and I am committed to the finish.

Haven't missed a workout yet...though some have gone better than others.

Eating wise it could be cleaner and I am sure that this is affecting my results a little bit but I am making progress.

Planning on doing BFL C2 starting on Apr 9th...but I am getting ahead of myself!

Hope all is well with the group...if you get a chance folks send a post to the group and let us all know how you are doing.

• Good for you  Fun 4 life. I'm also signing up in April. But I sure need a lot of work. I've been so sick.

hoping to make it a go anyways. finished from Jan. 1 to now. I did go off at times. but I love the eating schedule. I am still at the same weight, but I know I still need to kick in it high gear. how is everyone else doing? spring is here!

• 42feelbetter - hope you are on the mend.

If you are starting up in April, like I mentioned before,  a bunch of us at the 'Jan. 9th is the day---Any other takers for the challenge?' Blog, the ‘9-ers’ blog are starting up again on April 9th.

Would love it if you would pop in every now and then and join us.

For now it is just doing the best we can…progress right! We’ll look for you for round two.

• I need help with the website. Where do I go? I can reply to posts but I cannot start a new one.

When I go to Settings to add Signature it will not let me change Font nor add a Signature.

How do I Subscribe to posts?

ENJOY the process!!! Know that this takes time, Just be committed to doing your best EACH DAY

• Crawfish - with this post for example instead of hitting the reply button below, click on the words 'Crossing the Abyss' at the top. A 'New Post' button will appear at the top of the posts listed opposite from the words 'Crossing the abyss'.

Wish I couild explain it better. Hope that helps.

I have never tried this...just noticed it.

• I tried that. I could type the post but when I clicked preview there was nothing there. I went to the bottom of the screen to Contact Us and have sent a message but I probably won't hear anything until sometime Monday.

How do I subscribe to 50+ and Determined? I clicked on Subscribe via RSS on the right but couldn't tell that I had subscribed to anything. Would also be nice to see a list of the other Subscribers.

ENJOY the process!!! Know that this takes time, Just be committed to doing your best EACH DAY

• hey 50+ folks ...you all hangin in there...

If my calculations are correct we chould be closing in on the end of one amazing life achievement and perhaps the start of a series of something new and beneficial.

So, I am just saying that I hope all are doing well and staying as motivated as you can as you zero in on 12 weeks of healthy living.

all the best this coming weekend...stay strong and clean!