concerned, please help!

• Hello Everyone,

I am in the middle of week 5 of the challenge and haven't lost a pound.  I am following the program perfectly and although I do feel stronger, nothing else is happenning.  My clothes are fitting the same, so I'm not even losing inches.  I was wondering if anyone else can relate to this, or if this is normal.  I don't have a ton of weight to loose but I do want to transform what I look like.  I have heard that it takes women about 8 weeks to see change.....is that right?  Do you just magically look different after 64 days of the challenge?  I am pretty frustrated, and just wanted to know if anyone else can relate to how I am feeling!

Thanks,

Dana

• Dana, trust me...you want to stick with the program! I was the same way during my first challenge; I'm now on 2nd challenge, wk 4.  I really didnt' see noticeable changes til about week 9, people didn't start noticing anything til Day 66 (I have it written down in my journal!). The real compliments didn't happen til around weeks 10-12; that is what kept me going.

What you are experiencing is normal so you have to stay with this; what do you have to lose besides weight and inches, right?!

You can go to mikeharris.org and look up the "Ladies Success Document" print it out and read for motivation...stick with this, you won't be sorry!!

Let me know if you have questions!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• For you Dana mikeharris.org/.../lady-success-document-as-of-3-14-10

Hang in there.  If you've been honestly following the book and not over doing your free day, you should be ok.  This process takes time.  You should at least feel better and feel some losening happening with your cloths.  Make sure you are eating the right portion of authorized foods per page 83 of the original book.  Are you drinking plenty of water?  You should at least be drinking 80-96 oz of water per day and getting enough rest so your muscles can work.  If you've been doing these things, you should be just fine with seeing results by week 12.  The 8 week and after happens to everyone but not always right at week 8.  Read that link I provided for motivation.

Hope this helps.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Sharon-I knew when I copied down that website you would come through for me...I gotta figure out how to do those links, too! :)

Congrats on C5, you WONDER WOMAN you! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• DANAW~

Speaking from personal experience:

DO NOT GIVE UP!

I was about 7/8 weeks in when I was in tears about the lack of change (i had/have about 10-12 lbs of real fat to lose). I eventually lost my mojo and let my w/o's slide for 4 weeks. The folks here are THE BEST support and they kept me afloat until i was able to do better. I'm back on board and have chalked it up as LESSON LEARNT.

I am one of the ones who it's going to take the full 12 weeks to see results...My only regret (and I was TOLD THIS TOO) is not finishing STRONG because I thought if no change at 7+weeks was it really going to happen?

I willing to take the risk and wait it out this time!  

Is it MAGIC DAY 84, no... but if you watch you will see posts about losing actual WEIGHT after the 84th day...

The muscles you have to continue working on...that's where the "... for life thing" comes in.  Come by the coffee crew thread or the gather here one...lots of random info and hope can be found there! Keep coming back!

• It's reassuring to reread these words. I am on Day 57 and have received a few comments and a couple double-takes from women in my gym. I have only lost 4 lbs and about 3% bodyfat but I can see muscles and definition and am wearing smaller clothing so I know things are happening. Also, I have hardly any "muffin top" left... but this is not readily known to others because I always keep my stomach covered, of course! This lack tells me that the tummy fat is starting to disappear. If I hold my stomach in, I look very thin. NOW to just empty all those fat cells so that I don't need to hold it in to get it to look that way!

I learned that different people measure, differently, so those of you who are having someone at the gym measure you, be aware of this.

I didn't cheat too badly yesterday. For some strange reason, I was totally wiped out yesterday and needed a lot of extra rest. Is this typical for going into Week 9???

• DanaW: I am not sure what you mean by you "dont have a ton of weight to lose". I didnt think I did either. I am in the 7th week of my 3rd consecutive challenge and went only from 164# to currently hovering around 148 - 150#. Not a huge loss on the scale but I tell you, my body has changed muscularly and I like that. Keep noting your increases in strength and your measurements, your moods...all these things add up over time. Like the ladies that posted before me, they are right. Stick with it. You will probably love your end results, and like me want to continue on again and again. It just gets better and better.

Be amazed....be amazing.

Cathie on T.com

• Dana-

I just started week 5 and haven't seen a whole lot of progress either, but I know it will come.

I was so afraid I wouldn't see any changes on my week 4 pics, so I haven't taken them yet.

Just stick with it and keep one foot in front of the other.

Stacy Lynn

• Hi Dana-

I, too, am in week five and have seen very little results. My clothes are fitting better only slightly, and my weight has only gone down by 1 pound. I have read a lot of blogs on this very same question and the answer is always that the results will come toward the end.

I can relate in your frustration. I am confident it will turn out for the both of us! Stay strong!

-Katie

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Thank you all for your response and encouragement.  It is just frustrating following a program and not seeing any real results yet.  I am determined to stick it out and I PRAY I see some results soon!

Dana

• DanaW - You will see the results and when you do, remember what you have written here, it will make you smile.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Be patient!  Be forgiving!  Work out hard and eat clean.  You will get there you just have to do the work.  It doesn't happen overnight.  We as a society are extremely impatient.  Give it some time and trust in it.  You will be happier with yourself and the results will get there.  You have so much to look forward to!

Rachel

• Dana ~

Please don't misunderstand this as doubting you...I have to ask the question...How are your meal plans? Are you sticking strictly to the meal plans? Nibbles or snacks? What is your free day like? I have gained 2-5 pounds in one free day and chased my tail all week long just to lose that weight...let alone the additional weight I already had on me.

Are you being honest with yourself? Have you taken progress photos? Sometimes it helps to look at the back photos to be able to SEE the changes.

Reassess your meal plans, cardio routine and workouts. Make sure you are drinking about a gallon of water a day. I find more weight loss after days of guzzling more water. Make sure you are getting adequate rest. Lack of sleep will create havoc on your body.

Keep us updated! HIIT it hard! Lift heavy!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Hi,

I'm also in week 5 and nothing. I have stopped drinking beer and I would have thought that alone would help in the weight loss, but no :)  I know I'm getting stronger, can lift heavier almost every week, but no weight loss, about a half inch here and there. I feel better than I ever have and that's keeping me going, I know this will work if we stick to it. Let's all just hang in there :)

• Hi Jackson,

I guess we can label weeks 5-8 and call them the progress of nothing (at least on the outside)  But it's in the books, and all the posts of other people experiencing the same things keep me motivated.

When I started I wanted to fit in a certain pair of jeans, so everyday from week 1 to week 4 I put on those jeans hoping for a miracle.......nope nothing...so I was frustrated....but I didn't give up....

Now in week 7, and after reading about other people's transformations, the 8 week miracle, etc....I said hmmm....I wonder....so I put those jeans on and OMG!  They fit!!!   Before I could only pull them up mid thigh, but now I can button them and with muffin tops!   Once week 8 is done I'll post a picture, because I'm curious to know just what happens (personally) to me from week 9-12.  

But and I suggest this to everyone out there.....you can't get to week 9 without going through week 1, 2, 3,4, etc.......

So keep going!!!!!

~Marqui D.  C1W7D46