Which protein to take for weight loss for women?

• Hello all, I am mew to BFL and am just wondering which protein I should be using to lose fat and build muscle. I want to fit into the 'lean and strong category - that is I'm 142 lbs at 5"4 at 30% bodyfat. I am looking to lose about 12% fat and build about 10 pounds of lean muscle (approx) I am wanting to use EAS 100% Whey protein with CLA. Will this help me achieve my desired results or should I be using myoplex lite instead? I am asking because I have noticed that many women on this site who have achieved the results I am looking for specifically have used Myoplex lite protein and not many have used 100% whey. Is 100% better for men ; ie: bulikng up, or can women use it to lean and tone or get stronger (but not too muscular) as well?

Thanks! All input is appreciated greatly!

• In my humble opinion Myoplex Lite "tastes" better so more use it.  Myoplex lite is also a complete meal replacement.  EAS 100% Whey Protein will require you to add more carbs to get it up to being a completel meal.  Either one is fine.  I use Myoplex Lite when not at home and EAS 100% Whey when I'm at home.

You results will be more impacted by your efforts with the workouts and with eating clean healthy foods so don't lose sight of that while choosing products.

Hope this helps!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks for the info Champster09! I will use 100% whey because of cost convenience. I don't mind that it is not a complete meal shake. I am planning to add oatmeal or probably berries with my shakes to cover that part of it.  The Myoplex lite even in the 20 packet box you can buy would just get too expensive for me to buy. I would be buying one a week. I found a site where I can get EAS 100% whey protein for $22.99 for a 2 lb tub at 30 servings per tub. Even if I buy 2 per month I pay only about $45 ($60 w/ shipping as opposed to about $200 for the lite shakes. I am planning to eat regular clean foods at my 3 regular meals and the shakes in between and after workouts.

• Tamara - if you belong to Sam's Club they carry EAS whey powder in 5-lb. bags at a very reasonable price.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Thanks! I don't but I'll check it out

• I agree completely.  I bought EAS Premium Protein at Costco in the bags as well.  It's worked for me for 3 years.  Myo

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• They used to carry the EAS Myoplex in my local Costco then I disappeared (and other products replaced it Muscle MK for example) any thoughts on how I could get them to carry it again folks?

• WPBill - start by asking the manager. I don't know about Costco, but I have been able to special order items through other stores by just asking.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• For help finding EAS products in your area, check our store locator: abbottnutrition.com/StoreLocator.aspx. And don't forget about our home delivery web site at http://www.abbottstore.com/. And saralynn is right about speaking with the store manager at any retail store. Hope that helps! ~Brooke @BFL