Work-Out Question..... Can you work out more than what is recommended?

• I normally alternate lifting upper and lower body each day and add 30 min. of cardio on top of that... Does any one work out more than what is suggested?

• i think the big theory behind BFL is giving your body/mind/muscles days to "rest" and "recover"... that is in the end what gives people those staggering results. have you done bfl before? if not, i say stick to the program as it's laid out... it really does only take that much, and no more. hope that helps!

• Thanks... I started BFL a few years ago but did not even last a month. I am so wired by the more time spent working out the better, that I have a hard time giving in to the minimal amount required. I have committed to this program this time, so I will take your advice and do only what is recommended... Thanks for sharing

• You should always allow time for your muscle to recover from strength training so they can grow. Every other day is too soon. You should always two days in between working a muscle group. If you want to do upper body and lower body mutiple times a week here is an example

Mon UBWO

Tue LBWO

Wed Cardio

Thur UBWO

Fri LBWO

Sat Cardio

Sun Rest

If you feel like more is better then you will struggle getting thru 12 weeks and possibly burn out between weeks 5 to 8.

You should read up on the Law of Supercompensation and it might change your mind.

According do this chart you are workout out during the recovery phase. BFL was set up in the order it is in for a purpose. Building muscle

This applies to high intensity cardio and strength training.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• In my humble opinion if you are new to long term fitness you would do well with the plan as written until you've made it completely through 84 days as planned.  

This program is so much more about learning how to deal with your committments through life and keeping all of it together long term.

Doing BFL or any other fitness program for 30 days is nothing.  

It's when you can string together all 84 days, take a week off and string together another 12 weeks and take a week off and string together another 12 weeks until you stop counting challenges/weeks/days and you begin to live the life.

So instead of looking for whether you can do more than what is written, focus doing what is written to the best of your ability for all 84 days.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Great Point Champste09. Don't modify the program to fit you. Modify yourself to fit the program!

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Thanks for all of the input... This may sound stupid, but it helps that I have "permission" to do what the program suggests as opposed to doing more in hopes of seeing results sooner....

• I agree completely Champster09. I feel like most fitness plans and even diets *do* work if followed consistently and not abandoned at the "end". BFL is the first "plan" where I felt like I have a sustainable lifestyle that I wont abandon either before or after the first challenge ends.