Need support! Beginning 7/24/11

• WTG girl!  Been a rough couple of days for me.  Didn't get to the gym as much as I would have liked, but I think I may have made up for it in other ways.  LOL  I delivered a ton of t-shirts today to all my walkers for tomorrow's Heart Walk.  Felt like I walked for miles and miles, not to mention up and down flights of stairs in various offices.  Tomorrow is the big event.  A 5K!!  I'm so excited since I was in the hospital for it last year.  

I'm so proud of you for the workouts!  I gotta get back to my routine next week.  This week has been off between the heart walk stuff, my health and the new gym (crazy busy).  Just haven't been able to get it together.  

Well, it's almost midnight and I have to get up at 6 to be at the big walk!  Just wanted to check in and say Hey so HEY!!  Hope you have a great weekend too!  Tomorrow is free day:)  Have fun with your get together and enjoy. You've earned it!

• Hey Karla, just checking in....sorry for the delay but it has been pretty busy for me the last few days.  I went a little overboard on Sat so ended up missing my Sun cardio from partying a tad too much.  So far for Week 11 I have missed 2 days of workout but I think I'll also put in some gym time on Sat but will keep the meals as a free day.  I can't believe after today we have 10 days left on this challenge.

How was your event?  I'm sure it must have been great...please do share!  You have so much energy staying up so late like that--where do you get it?  For me, I'm usually just so darn wiped out around 9pm/10pm.  One day, I'll sign up and train for a 5K...not any time soon, but it is something I do want to be able to cross off my list of things to do.  

I have about 15 more PT sessions before I'm done and so in about a month or so I will have to move my workouts to lunch time.  It is getting darker earlier and I do just wanna get home after work, especially in the wintertime since it makes me so lazy.   I am finding myself losing momentum though and will have to figure out how to get myself motivated and going and going and going....

Alright, have a good nite and hope you're able to stay more focused and on track than I have been.  =)

• Hey tracing!  I am from the 7/18 group. I hope it is ok to kind of join this thread.  There is not much going on on that thread now since they are about finished.

I have added a couple of weeks to mine since I was sick 1 week and vacation 1 week, so my last day will be Friday Oct 21, so 15 days!  Like you said, I have been losing momentum too.  I am getting kind of bored with the food.  But I re-read the women's document that Bill Phillips got together a few years ago and it inspired me again.  So I am aiming to finish this strong. I don't want to look back and say it didn't work because I didn't complete it.

Finished cardio this morning, did great!  BUT-I forgot my Ipod!  It was much harder without my tunes!  I did some new abs, the bicycle move. I feel like I got a really good workout with that.  Hope yall have a agreat evening!

• Hi Everyone,

Welcome back Twinmom.  =)  Yes the other board has definitely quieted down significantly.  I'm glad to hear you are able to get yourself motivated because I think we all fall into slumps..and it being towards the end of a challenge makes it harder to keep plowing through the end.  I had 2 instances where my iPod ran out of battery and that is the WORST--doing HIIT w/o music!

Karla--how are you holding up girl?  Hope all is going well for you.

I can't believe it's Day 76 today!  Yesterday was cardio for me and I tried Zumba for the first time.  I actually have been hesitant with this class for a long time but I have to say I did like it and enjoyed it.  Felt kinda dumb since it was my first time and had a bit of a struggle trying to get the right moves but I stuck through the hour and will definitely do this for my cardio.  The stairs was starting to really become zzzzz, even for 20mins.  I was beginning to feel like 20mins might not just it anymore for cardio for me and going any longer made it really hard to think of.  So, I'm going to change my strategy up a bit and add the extra cardio when I'm done with the class, which was what I did yesterday.  Just 20mins slow stair climbing.

Today will be weights and my PT is switching things around a bit.  We're not sticking to BFL, upper/lower/upper etc...but it's alright.  He's working my muscles and I only have a few weeks left so once that's done, I'll plan my own weight schedule and go from there.   I'm also going to try to add in a Zumba class today after my weight...yes more making up.

I'm going to add in a cardio day on my free day tomorrow since I missed 2 days this week and do want to kinda make up for it.  I am still trying to fit in 6 meals...LOL.  Am also looking into more ab workouts.  I haven't had a chance to look at the AbRipperX yet, but from the other board, it does sound like a good one.  

Keep it up everyone---push, push, push and before you know it...we'll be talking about our next challenge.

Have a great weekend!

• Hey Everyone!  Doing ok here other than more heart related issues.  Hence the reason for my delayed response.  Haven't been able to get the weight training or cardio I so desperarately need.  Guess there is always the next challenge.  Lol. One thing is for sure, I'm further than when I started as we all are!  I'm proud of us all!!!

• I started the challenge on July 25th, and am one week from finishing challenge #2. I did my first challenge in 2003 and had amazing results. I maintained my weight, but when I got pregnant in 2009, my weight stayed above 200 after he was born. I am at 176 with a week to go and feel amazing. Weight is just a number, and how I feel is how I judge the success of this challenge. I just can't believe it is almost over. Last chance workouts shouldn't be a thought in anyone's minds the last week, because if you do the challenge as it is written, every day is a last chance workout. Congratulations to all of those who are just finishing their challenge or getting ready to finish it. This is only the beginning for all of us. Have a great weekend!

• Karla--just hang in there and listen to your body.  You are definitely right that there's gonna be another challenge and we'll get through it!

Hi Jenny--Kudos to you for the hard work!  You should be very proud.  We are definitely wrapping our final week here and we will be gearing up for another challenge.  Would you like to join us?  

Zumba has been very fun and not as easy as I thought it would be.  The session is for an hour, but I like dancing so it's goes by quick.  For the next challenge though, I think I will probably be incorporating more classes for cardio--zumba, spin, turbo kickboxing, etc...and see if that will help.  I really feel like I'm plateauing.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.  Counting down the final days--make each day count!  =)

• Hey Ladies - Kuddos!!! We are all doing great just by committing to and completing this challenge.  Like you guys, there will definitely be another challenge.  I, too, love Zumba.  Sorry to sound like a broken record, but my heart issues have thrown an axe in that one for me too.  My cardiologist said that Zumba is a bit like the roller coasters for me.  Same concept in tht the sensors in my pacemaker don't particularly like all the jumping around.  Nevertheless, I think I may give it a whirl again this next challenge again and see how it goes.  I was only a few weeks post-pacemaker this first challenge, and became very faint during the classes.  I'm like you, Trace, in that the stairs and regular cardio gets a bit boring after a while.  We have to keep it interesting to maintain the momentum!  Keep up the great work!

Trace, don't work too hard next week.  I know you said you had a lot going on.  We will be back on C2 before you know it!  Have a great week everyone!

• Hey everyone...

Are you ready to start your next challenge?  I saw another thread called Back2Back and they are starting on 10/24/11 which is right around the same time we are starting ours.  I will probably be joining that one vs creating a new thread.

I've been so busy this past week and finally have had a chance to get some personal time on the internet.   Hope your weekend will be good.

• Hi Trace -- Another "challenge" has set me back.  This time a MAJOR dental issue requiring emergency surgery and steroid treatment.  I didn't get to start on 10-23 like I wanted, but hoping to start this coming weekend if I don't get put on more steroids.  My jaw is still messed up.  With oesteperosis, it's always dangerous when I get problems in the jaw.  Anyway, WTG with your challenge.  Once I get up and running, I will check out that post!