Ahhhhhhh!!!! Help meeeee!!! I want this....but I'm my worst enemy!!!

• Hey everyone!!! 

I don't really know where to start, except say I've been trying to do this for over ten years. I've entered BFL challenge every year, and only once did I actually stick with it~only for 8 weeks though. The results, even after only 8 weeks, were amazing! (size 12 to a size 5) Now, 6 years later I'm 27 and I "relapsed" due to my love of beer, haha, and I'm FREAKING out because I have exactly 12 weeks before I go to France to meet a guy who may be "the one" and I want to look AMAZING...but i'm so tired, and even scared of failure. I don't want to fail, my friends. :( I've never written on a blog before, but I was hoping to get some encouragement, and maybe give some to you as well. So, tomorrow I start. I'm ready. Lets do this. What do you think??? What are your goals, and fears?? Can we do this together?

~Amanda

• Start slowly and build up and be determined one BLOODY DAY AT A TIME

PS I drink on off days but I consume enormous amounts of water.... my results after week 5 have been gr8

I went out walking through the city center, it happened just the other day. Sometimes Sydney Harbor in the winter, blows a little luck my way.

• Amanda- The key is to make the commitment to yourself and then tell everyone you know of your plans including joining a good group here.  Then everyone can encourage you along the way and hold you accountable to your goals.  You also need to take a realistic and healthy approach. So many people don't eat enough thinking less is better. The body needs a lot of nutrition if you are exercising and if you try to eat less it works in the short term but then your survival instincts kick in and make you binge food as though you are in a famine.  That's why all diets work in the short term and completely fail in the long term.  You need to eat the right foods in the right amounts so you are never hungry. If you get hungry you aren't doing it right.

And as dogsbrekky says take it one day at a time, don't get ahead of yourself and grind it out each and every day.   You can do it.  Remember, its more than just making your body more attractive. Its a complete transformation.  Once you  can fulfill a promise you made to yourself, your self confidence will be so much better and that also makes someone attractive ;)  And ask as many questions as you have!

I'm starting on July 10th on my 4th challenge and if I can do it, so can you.

Good luck Amanda!

• You are in this age when it will be even easier for you. it will be easier because you did that before and you know what to expect, and you know what to do.

who said you will give up beer? This is what a free day is for. Don't bring yourself down with self doubt. YOU WILL NOT FAIL. There is no failure on this program.

Here is a trick to stay the course: come here every day. write something, read from us, and every free day CELEBRATE your success for staying the week. don't just eat what you want, celebrate as if you won something big.

Also surround yourself with supportive friends, if any. if not go the distance alone.

You don't want to meet that guy (or any other person for that matter) feeling like you have to apologize for how you look.

Seriously.... if you do this.. what is the worst thing that can happen that will be worse than not doing it?

here is the best encouragement i give myself every morning:

GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GO TO THE GYM NOWWW :D

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Wow!  You guys are all very supportive.  I am in the same situation, start and stop, start and stop to the point where I don't believe in myself AT ALL!  I really need to do this once and for all and be able to proudly say - I have done it!  I am planning to start next monday - 11/7/11- and am hoping that I for once can stick to my guns.  In the past we could not join the forum and at last we are included on the list - I will visit daily and post all progress and hopefully with likeminded individuals I will get there, my family no longer believe me! which is an issue and I need to get motivation from somewhere!

Ciao Theresa

• Went for a 4 mile walk on the soft sand beach.. today is my 1st non workout day in 5 weeks but I worked out I have probably done too much cardio to date and exhausted myself by not having an OFF day... but Theresa keep punching, every day, hit 'em again... then tomorrow hit 'em again... your results will be amazing

I went out walking through the city center, it happened just the other day. Sometimes Sydney Harbor in the winter, blows a little luck my way.

• I have tried this myself a few times, last year I managed about half way, then the bbq season hit and afternoons drinking, so it went out the window, but this time I am more serious about doing the full 12 weeks.

Try updating your post each night, its helping my stay focused as I know people are probably (hopefully) reading it, so I know I have extra reasons to get my *** out of bed at 6:15 and get to the gym.

Get the first week out of the way then before you know it will be a month done then 2 months with the finish line in sight.

Good luck.

P.s  Dont bother with the French....Brits are much funnier lol

• Wow, size 12 to size 5 in 8 weeks? That is amazing. You can do this!

Obviously your body responds very well to this plan.

I found joining a thread on here with people who start the same you do is the most encouraging thing.

And you don't have to give up beer! Like Ruby said, that's what free day is for :)

• One thing that might be helpful is something my husband always says he learned with BFL...it's about progress, not perfection.  If you screw up, don't give up, just get back on the horse.  It's 12 weeks, so if by chance you mess up in the middle, (or even in the beginning)  keep going and you'll get to the end, which will mean so much to you.

You can do it!!!!

• Amanda,

Rock on!!!  Don't have much time, but check out my bio for info on how BFL changed my life.  The biggest thing I found with BFL is the goal setting.  Try the success journal that comes with BFL.  You need to know your goals and why the are so important and it sounds like you have some important goals.  With fear of failure, joining a group is a wonderful idea and I belong to an awesome support group here!  Also, I like inspirational books and tapes like Napoleon Hill and TUT on the web.  Good luck.  You can do this!

ori

• I look at the my training schedule that I printed off of this website. I have circled days on it when I have important things (like my cousin's wedding and my first day at my new teaching job) and I think of how I want to look on THAT day. I already know that I will have just completed week 7 on her wedding day and I plan on looking AMAZING for it! Also, 12 weeks are going to pass no matter what you spend them doing, so as long as you can squeek out 25 to 45 minutes for yourself each day, why not invest that time in your health? I too have gotten to week 8 and quit before (almost 6 years ago), but this is my second attempt and I am determined that I will complete the full 12 weeks (I'm already finishing week 3 - 25% of the way there! Sorry, I'm a math teacher!). Anyways, I log on here every so often to get a little inspiration and I let my husband know every evening how my workout went that day so he helps to hold me accountabe. Goodluck!

• Amanda

You have taken hte first step already by admitting your faults, now you know what to do and what will motivated you to stay on course. All these caring people on this site wil help you in the dark times but RAF ric said get throug the first week and before you know it you have all the engery and confidence back again. But make this promise to stick to it and not fail your self by putting your before picture every were around the house and a Picture of France as a motivational tool.

Good luck and we are all here to help each other to the end. And by the way South African men are better especially here in Cape Town (Im a X royal Marine Commando) the French eat to much garlic lol.

Best of Luck every thing is possible if you believe in yourself

Jonny V

• Jonny is right, especially about the garlic!

• Man! Listen to you all!! Thank you so so much for the wonderful advice and encouragement! I should have checked this sooner, I didn't expect great feedback!! (and great laughs also. ;) )

I got a gym pass today and kicked my butt at the gym. It was great and Im so stoked to SUCCEED. :D

Thank you all so much. Please keep me posted how you are doing as well, I want us all to succeed ;)

Have a great weekend!! Cheers!

• wanting to change so you can meet "the one"...i would get a better reason. unless you want to yo yo your entire life.