I work out for work

• I understand and agree with the weight lifting part of the plan.  I teach a weight lifting  class 3 days a week (kinda like the Body Pump).  I do a full body work out in an hour, including abs.  We lift heavy weights and I try to fit in a pyramid type of sets for all the body parts.  I've been teaching this class for 6 years and I am now doing the diet and cardio part of BFL with it .  I'm on week 9 with some change.  Wish I could see more and I will do this until I get to my goal.  I was hoping it would be by the end of 12 weeks.  I've lost 4lbs on the scale and am seeing some change in my clothes.  I guess my question is....If I'm working each muscle to fatigue and I'm really sweating, am I doing enough???

Caroline

• Caroline,

How long do your classes last?  I suspect you are doing plenty if you are including the HIIT cardio in addition to your body pump classes.  What is your goal and is that goal tied strictly to the scales.  How do you look, feel and your clothes fit?

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I am doing the HIIT on my cardio days....And I am seeing slight changes.  I am sticking to this BFL plan by the book.  I guess I'm like some of the other people on here that say  " whats going on?''  If I've got 12 to 15 lbs to loose, its hard to comprehend how it can all just fall off the last 3 weeks.  With that being said, I've lost weight quickly before because of stress.  4 years ago I got down to 122 lbs. ( I was STRESSED!)  I started this program at 140 and am now around 136 on a good day.  I try not to look at the scales, that is not my goal... I just want to get rid of the chub, and junk in my trunk.....

By the way, thanks so much for taking the time to give back.  I will try to be like you and the others that help ease the doubts of the newbies.  When I get this that is....

• I think it's very difficult for "fit" women to understand that the scale might not change at all.  There is one champion in particular that lost only 3 pounds yet changed her entire physique.  I'll see if I can find it and come back and share.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I think I read that one.  And that is my goal, to  change my physique.  Again, the last three weeks??? Sorry, I'm really anxious to see more change.  I'll keep on keeping on.....