Working hard

• I am doing all the workouts and sticking to the diet, but my weight is coming off so slow. Week 6 and only down 9 lb , it was 11 but somehow i put 2 back on. I dont get it . I am sticking to the plan.

• lisa35,

You are replacing body fat with muscle-that's why the pounds are not "flying off." This is not simply a weight loss program, but it also builds muscle to burn fat and keep your body healthy and toned. If the pounds just left, you'd look unhealthy and almost immediately gain it back.

Have patience; don't weigh yourself so much. Gage your success by how your clothes fit and how you feel. Push all the way through to the end and you will get the results you are looking for.

-katiebugglet

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• woops- didn't mean for that to post twice!

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Great advice katiebug. I would like to let you know lisa35 that I am in the middle of week 5, and although I lost 12 lbs, i anticipate as before when I did my first challenge in 2005, that I may gain a few back. Just to give you an idea of what happen to me in 2005, I started at 178, went all the way down to 162, and by week 10 i went back up to 166 but, my body fat decreased tremendously through out the 12 weeks. So if you keep on the right track, in most cases you will win a lot of money, betting people to guess your weight. The scale will say one thing but you will look a lot smaller than what you actually are. Besides, most people think that it is their weight they have a problem with. But in most cases, it's how you look and feel with the weight you have which is the real issue. I had to convince my wife of that in 2005, so whne she finished, she looked about 125-130, but her actual weight was 148. I hopes this helps. conrats by the way on your loss of 9 lbs.

The only limitations that you have , are those that you set upon yourself

• Thank you for  the great advice. :)  I am going to stick with it.  I just hope the 8 week miracale is true, and the weight will start coming off.

• for what its worth... lost very little weight in my first 6-8 weeks... no miracle there for me... but I lost 4 inches in my waist and in week 10-12 I saw the most progress.... 18 pounds scale weight... We are getting ready challenge 2 next Monday.... keep pushing... its the health... forget the scales... go by how your clothes fit....

Good Luck

Learning to be Happy with Where I am in Life...

• Keep on going Lisa, Bizzey and Katie are right that the muscle your adding may throw the scale off a little. Pretty soon all that muscle you are adding will start burning up the stored fat and you will drop even lower in weight. Dont get discouraged just focus on the positive changes that are happening. 9 lbs down that is GREAT! Stay motivated and you will get results! Keep up the great work!

• Hey Lisa,  congratulations on the 9 lbs!!!!  Keep up the great work.  I don't know how much you will lose overall (too many factors to figure and everyone is different)  but I DO know that around the 8-9th week you will look and feel very different.  Usually that (for me) fules the last few weeks.  

Go, Go, Go and don't look back.     jill