WEAK 7 - and lost 10 pounds

• Hi,

We are bombarded with drastic weight loss that when you start a program like body for life, you wonder why you are not melting...I lost only 10 pounds since the beginning...I must do something wrong.  I started with a wopping 255lbs and this is my first challange.

Yes I do feel better, have more energy, no more headaches, more flexible lol, feel stronger and all.  But man there is so much work to do to loose all the weight that it makes me feel bad for letting myself go so so FAT!

I do have a hard time not to taste the food at dinner time.  You know while I am cooking.  I think tonight I will literally put a tape over my mouth haha ...

I need some encouragments please.  Thank you :)

• You just have to stick with it and it will work trust me. You can do it, after week 8 things really pick up.

• You say "Lost 10 pounds" like it's a bad thing... :o)  

You lose weight 1# at a time my friend.  What matters is that YOU KEEP working on losing 1# at a time until you've lost all of the 1#'s you want to lose.  That's what I'm doing.  I know from experience that it can be done.  

Eat clean, be honest with yourself and believe in yourself most of all!!   There have been many times during my journey when others didn't believe in me, but deep in my soul I always knew that I would dig down in there and find that athlete that I knew was inside.  Don't stop believing.

It took me a long time, but man, look at me know.  I'm doing stuff at the age of 48 that soem 25 year olds can't do.  

"Success isn't for the chosen few; it's for the few who chose" ~Steve Flyinhighguy

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thank you so so much it did touch my heart Michelle :) and thank you cleet 68.  I will continue strong xxx

• Yep, be honest with yourself, and believe in yourself.  We KNOW you can do it.  You just have to know you can do it!!

Keep it up, and as they said, those 1# at a time will add up!!!

• Thank you all!

Just wanted to say that last night I had a dream.  I dreamed that I put duck tape on my mouth while cooking hahahaha!  I will think of that when I cook tonight!

have a great weekend!

• Tamfo, I assume you have to cook for others their dinner, is why you are tempted to taste?  Why not start integrating bfl food and plan into their diets, so you can all eat together, you just under portion controls?  Just a thought.  

And I agree, losing 10 pounds is great.  BFL isn't a overnight lose 100 pound gimmick.  Its a program that rebuilds your body from the inside out.  Sometimes the scale doesn't show those changes.  Don;t obsess over the scale, track your progress in other ways, like how far you can go on the treadmill during your 20 minute HIIT or how much more weight you are lifting in your barbell press than your first week?

Stay strong

• Hi,

Everyone is eating BFL at home hahaha!  At the beginning they didn't like the idea, but now they enjoy it and its good for them as well.  I even reduced my family's portions haha and when its free day, because they ask for their junk, they don't eat as much as they used to and they noticed that as well.

I don't know what happened, but I wighted myself this morning and I lost 16 pounds!!!.  I am so happy I just can't wait for tonight and work at my cardio.

Now when is the best time to weight yourself?  I think it's in the morning as soon as I get up.  Is that good?

And for the food, I just tell myself to wait for dinner and stop being such a bone head!  I work hard enough I don't need to make it harder.

Today is a good day :)

• Tamfo,  glad you are having great success and a good day. And good for you incorporating good eating habits into your family.  Thats awesome.

How are your clothes fitting?  Are you taking measurements and pics?  

When I weigh, I weigh in the morning before i drink or eat anything.  And you are not a bonehead, don't forget to eat your meals during the day so you don't get hungry and give in to temptations.  

All the best to you.