Will this help???

• Hi everyone, Im new here and I just wanted to get some input if you wouldnt mind.. Im a 42 yo male, I am 5"10 and weigh in at 266Lbs. I have reached such a lowpoint in my life with my body and my relationship status, my significant other just left me after 7 years. So now I want to make a change and get healthy using this program, my questions are, do I start a program when I feel so sad and lonely? at 42 years old is it just to late for me? is 266lbs just too much weight to try and lose on this program and I just live with it?     Sorry for all of the questions, I just dont have any one else too ask...       Jerry

• Jerry...

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Have you read the Body For Life book? Let me tell you... it makes all of the difference. I have read it multiple times. It will answer all of those questions for you but you have to feel it. I can tell you that YES... you DO start the program feeling sad and lonely. Use that as fuel to work harder and work smarter. You will feel better doing something for yourself... something good that you can be proud of.

NO.... it is NEVER too late. If you want to change, if you want to feel better, then YOU have to do something to make that happen. At the end of the day, nobody else can do that for you.

Honestly... what do you have to lose? If you haven't read the book I strongly urge you to READ IT. Several times possibly. If you follow this program... by the book... you WILL feel accomplished after the 12 weeks. You'll feel energetic. You'll feel healthy. You'll feel ALIVE and RENEWED.

So ask yourself honestly... what is the worst that could happen? What do you have to lose?

• Thanks for the support, it really does mean alot especially since Im doing this alone..

• Jerry,  

We are all doing this alone.  Even those who have great support groups at home, in the end we are the only one who can do this for ourselves.  I am 56 and at the end of week 4.  So if I can, so can you, your age is no barrier.  Come join us, find a place to share and get support and it will happen.  

And I completely echo what Stephinator says, read the book, and jump in with both feet.  And keep in touch.

• OK.. I just turned 43 on Feb 1st.   I am (was) almost exactly the same height and weight when I started 6 weeks ago.  Now I am not going thru the relationship thing, so I cant help you there, BUT, no it's not 'too late' to start this and to have to just live with it.  

Dont get me wrong, this program does require work and dedication, but oh my goodness how much better you feel.   I'm down over 20 lbs now and my gut is just leaving me.   I wont have a chiseled body after my first challenge, but this is a body for LIFE program.  That cant be stressed enough!!  LIFE, not for tomorrow.   Also, you ALWAYS have to look forward.  If you dont have the book, go get it.  You can find it cheaper online, but I know barnes and noble had it and I just bought it.  I didnt want any excuses, and paying full price made me not want to waste the money by not following thru :).

One thing that you will want to do. The first is get something that you can carry around that has water in it.  I mean, take that thing with you everywhere.  WATER is sooo important in this.   I just helps you feel better, and keeps things nice and hydrated.  

2nd, and this one takes some planning and dedication, is PLAN YOUR MEALS!!!  Especially the ones for daytime when you arent home.  You HAVE to have those meals ready to go so you dont get into the 'i dont have time to make that, I'll just grab xxxx for lunch instead'   6 small meals a day takes planning.  It really does.  Once you do it for a week or so, it's MUCH easier.  

3rd, exercise.  Yes you need to do it, but you are NOT a slave to it.  30 min - 1 hour for exercise isnt hard at all to do.  30 min for cardio and 45-1 hour for weights.  If you can, get a decent bench and just plain ole weights.  I have a home gym, but free weights and dumbbells would be easier sometimes.  I have an elliptical machine for cardio.   I just get up early and get the exercise done for the day.  It's a great way to get the blood flowing in the AM.

And dont be a slave to the scale.  MANY people base too much on the numbers on a scale.  This isnt some crazy wild plan that you lose 20 lbs in a week.   This is a program that is made to be successful at!

YOU can do this.  YOU are worth it.  YOU will be soo happy when you see the results.   Let NO ONE tell you any different.

• Jerry! You are 42!!!!! that's young!! welcome to your new life! I lost 32 pounds in 12 weeks! You can do this!!

• Thanks to all of the replies Ive gotton so far, I feel very welcome in this community and that makes me feel soooo good. I spent far too much time sitting here and feeling sorry for myself,today, for the first time in a long time I feel as if I have a certain purpose in doing this challange.I wont actually be competeing in this but I will be participating on my own..  Thanks to all,I almost cant believe that there people as nice as you out there...Godbless

• Don't give up on yourself Jerry.  Even if you can't see it right now, you're worth the investment.  I believe that after 12 weeks doing BFL, you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself, physically and mentally.  

I'd echo the advice to read the book.  I got a second hand copy on ebay for $5 and it's the best money I ever spent.

• You're not alone Jerry. Think positive. To quote my sifu-" Empowering beliefs have an incredible power to lift us to new heights, while limiting beliefs have the ability to hold us down and prevent us from being what we could be" Believe you can change and do this and you will.

• Hey Jerry,

You have already taken the first step,now you need to follow through. All of these post you have received are from people like me and you they all made the decission to change and so have you. Since I started my challenge I have made it part of my routine to read whatever was on these post and being part of this comunity which I didn't think I would do but going into week 9,full steam ahead If you need help this is the place. I'm 53 and at the beginning of my challenge I decided to weigh myself at the begining and end only and not get on the scale at all during, so far so good. By the way I weighed in at 244 lbs. scale weight. Right now don't know how much I weigh but close fit looser. It's never too late get going man.

Claude

• Ok all, thanks for all of the kind words and support,although I havent finished the book yet I am going to start my BFL on Monday..Ive made that decision knowing that I will succeed and be a better person all around..This is the first time I am actually hoping time flys by so I can see my results in 12 weeks. I have several supplements that I have and Im not sure if I follow the directions on the bottle or? Any input on how and when to use these is greatly appreciated..

SyntheVol 2HP

CytoVol HP

BetaLean HP

Thanks again....

Jerry

• Jerry, I've been doing BFL for about 4 weeks now. Although I haven't really voiced much background about myself on this forum I really want you to know where I'm coming from and while our circumstances that lead us to this decision to help ourselves is not identical, I do understand what you are going through.

Before BFL I was drinking anywhere between a 12-18 pack of beer a night. You read that right, a NIGHT. I had done this for several years now, so it wasn't a binge it became a lifestyle. I wish I could say that I got up one morning and looked in a mirror and didn't recognize myself, but I hadn't recognized myself for quite a while. I just didn't care anymore. It was affecting my relationship with my wife and children, my work and let's not even talk about the dent it was putting in our finances.

This alcoholism, we don't have in common. What we do have in common is that I was also going through a hard time in my life thinking I wasn't good enough for anyone. I had a few moments of inspiration every now and then but they would fall flat within a week or two. I'd always try to find a way to incorporate bad habits into my "healthy lifestyle" and it just never worked. I had no feeling of self-worth and I was wating around for that magical moment when someone would say something, or do something that made me want to change. I'd ask questions, without really being interested I guess is the easiest way to put it. This was all due to years of damage to my self-esteem and the deptression that had permanently settled in because of it.

The first week was a little rough, but I managed to pull through. By the second week people at work that I've known for years started taking "double glances" at me. People I didn't know would smile when I walked by. I'm not used to this. I woke up one morning and finally didn't recognize myself, but this new guy I met was a better one. He didn't have bags under his eyes anymore. His hair looked clean and neat. He stood up straight and didn't slouch to hide his fat anymore because he didn't care what people thought, he was doing something about it. I like this guy more and more every time I see him.

My workouts have intesified, my arms are getting toned and pumped. My waist is slimming. Most importantly I think I'm worth the effort now. Do this, stick with it even when it gets rough and the reward is going to be miles beyond what you can possibly imagine.

Good luck and if you ever need anyone to talk to we are all right here waiting to help.

-Matt

• Jerry: 42 years old is not too late to start. I started bfl at 44 years old and have never looked back. I'm 51 now and have found that no matter what your age is you can still make signifigant changes in your life. When I first started bfl I took a week and read the book cover to cover so I understood  the program. Then I dove in head first. I stumbled around at first but eventually got into a routine. At the end of the 12 weeks I was the proud owner of a 6 pack.....my very first at 44 years of age. Mind you.....I was not severely overweight but the program is designed to build muscle and shed fat. It may take you 2 or 3 challenged to get to your final goal but that's ok. No better time to start than right now. All the best!!!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Jerry,  you can do it and be glad that you did.   I'm 45 yrs. old - I started 5 months ago - 5'10" and 219 (I do not carry excess weight well) - 50 lbs overweight.  I am now 173 lbs and in the best  shape of my life - down from 25% to 14.5% bodyfat.   Not to brag, but I take great satisfaction in getting looks from much younger girls (and, yes I am married, but so what ?)

This program is awesome, but here's some advice:  put a plan together before you start for both eating and exercise.  And give it #1 priority !!!!!  It's all a mind game...get your head in the right place and you can do anything.  I can't stress this enough.  

I put rewards in palce to meet my goal - 2 vacations planned, a new tattoo, etc.  

• Matt that was a very inspiring story, I too gave up beer for this challenge and I've never felt better! the most amazing thing is seeing your belly deflate LOL