Question about snacks

• Hi,

I am new to Body For Life, I know about the program but haven't done it. I am wondering if there are suggestions for snacks/protein shakes that are available in local supermarkets, Costco, etc. that are as good as the EAS Myloplex. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Kathy

• I only drink Myoplex Lite shakes.  They have everything I need and nothing more.  The perfect balance.

Eating 6 times a day really doesn't allow for "snacks" per se.   If you were referring to the shakes, it's actually a meal.  I usually have two shakes a day.  Takes all the guesswork out of those two meals... so easy!

I'm sure there are other quality products out there, I just don't find it necessary to look.  I'm sure someone will answer your question more thoroughly.

Have you read the original book, Kathy?  I would urge you to do so.  Then decide when you're ready to start your first challenge.  Come here often for support and encouragement.

Best wishes

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• Thank you Laurie. I did mean the extra two meals as snacks. I have read the book but need to reread it. Congrats on your tremendous success! I can't wait to get healthier and look and feel great.

• Thank you so much, Kathy.  I wrote a little something last week after I found out that I won.... you may find it helpful.  If you put my name (Laurie Deemer) in the search box, just click on the first thing that comes up.  I hope you find it motivational.

I am just a normal person who did Body For Life "by the book".... in my basement, no trainer, no supplements (other than the shakes).  If I can do it, so can you.  I promise!

• Laurie,

Your story was very inspirational and you look fantastic!! I am on the verge of turning 41 and I have been in great shape before it's just been awhile. I know I want this and any support I can get would be greatly appreciated. I would love to keep in touch. One question about shakes, is whey protein ok to use for the shakes? What kind of calorie content should i look for, if any? Thanks for your help and for responding to my quesitons. Keep up the great work!

Kathy

• Hi Kathy,

I've never used whey protein on a consistent basis (tried to drink some after lifting in C2, but couldn't stand the taste).  

However, there is an interesting discussion goin on on the thread called "anxious".  A woman is getting frustrated that she hasn't seen any changes in 7 weeks.  Turns out she was using 2 scoops of protein for her shakes.  Some people more educated than me (particularly Jessica Mighty Max) helped her figure some things out there.  

If you do use it, let me know how it works for you.

Laurie