Starting January 31st

• Well a 14 week challenge is better than giving up!  Just adjust your workouts around your injuries and keep up the eating plan and you should be fine!

Week 2 is going great actually!  I got a compliment on Wednesday night at my church group about my noticeable weight loss!  I had my first eating out challenge yesterday at lunch.  I went to lunch with some lady friends at this place that has an awesome buffet of notorious comfort food.  Lucky for me they also had some smoked turkey!  Yay, so I had turkey and a big ole salad and no potatoes or carb because all they had was mashed potatoes and I don't know what they used to make them, so I passed.  I have had a couple of days where I just can't get ahead of the hunger, and others where I am fine.  It's weird!  As I am tempted by Valentine candies and such, I ask myself "Will this taste as good as it feels to be able to zip my pants?", ultimately the answer is NO!  This week for free day, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is having some popcorn...isn't that weird?  My girls and I usually have popcorn in the evenings and we haven't in almost a month!

One thing that is blowing my mind is how much better I feel!  Like I actually have energy, it's so weird to me.  And it makes me a little sad that I waited this long after having my twins to finally realize that it was my weight and health that was causing my funk and not something "medical".  I'm a dork.

I'm down about 2 more pounds this week.  My official weigh/tape day is Sunday but I was curious this morning.  We have a Valentines banquet tomorrow night.  It's being catered by a mexican restaraunt and they are serving fajitias.  I figure I'll eat the meat and veggies and some beans and pass on the tortillas and rice.  I'm trying to preplan!!  I'll post my stats on Sunday afternoon.  I'm going to make valentine cookies with my kids on Sunday to take to daycare on Monday.  Even though it's my free day, I will limit my cookie inhalation!! (Is that a word?)....okay, I've babbled long enough, gotta get some work done!

Michelle

• Hello everyone! Week 2 went great! Got all my workouts done and stayed on track with eating. My pants are getting a lot looser around the waist! That seems to be my first area to go, most people would think thats lucky but my thighs are the gross part that needs to go haha. So I guess today is going to have to be my cheat day! I woke up with strep throat :( went to the doctor and didnt get home till 1045 so i just grabbed some pizza lol. I feel tired and my throat hurts but I think the diet and exercise must really be helping my immune system because usually when I have gotten strep throat I am like a dead body walking lol. Lets hope I am feeling 100% by monday!! Great job you guys! & shelle i have been having the popcorn craving as well and i hardly ever ate it before, weird!

• Hey all!

Week three HAD been going very well, then I got sidelined with a migraine yesterday!  YUCK!  I didn't get my LBWO or six meals in yesterday.  I think I ate two meals and a candy bar...suckage!  I'm still weak and tired today, but hoping to get in some cardio at lunchtime.  I'm considering it just a stumble and hope to be fully back on track today, even though I'm worn out.  My headache actually started two weeks ago, on and off.  I thought it was sugar withdrawals, but then it didn't go away.  I even went to the chiropractor.  But then Mon/tues the nausea started so I ended up at the doctor yesterday morning to get meds.  Well, the meds knock me out, hence no eating.  This sucks! I hate feeling like crap!!

• Hey all!

Week three HAD been going very well, then I got sidelined with a migraine yesterday!  YUCK!  I didn't get my LBWO or six meals in yesterday.  I think I ate two meals and a candy bar...suckage!  I'm still weak and tired today, but hoping to get in some cardio at lunchtime.  I'm considering it just a stumble and hope to be fully back on track today, even though I'm worn out.  My headache actually started two weeks ago, on and off.  I thought it was sugar withdrawals, but then it didn't go away.  I even went to the chiropractor.  But then Mon/tues the nausea started so I ended up at the doctor yesterday morning to get meds.  Well, the meds knock me out, hence no eating.  This sucks! I hate feeling like crap!!

• i'm sorry Shelle, I hope you start feeling better soon! I feel ya, I haven't even had a week 3 :( I got strep throat over the weekend and the antibiotics I'm on have been killing me ! I haven't been able to get to the gym or eat right. Everything I put in my body comes right back out (sorry TMI ) Its 4 in the afternoon and all I've eaten is a yogurt, the bottom line is I'm just too afraid to eat because of how upset my stomach is. So this week I have eaten hardly anything and not doing too much cause movement upsets my stomach too :( Hopefully I lose some weight from this but I'm sure its probably just jacking up my metabolism and putting me in starvation mode. Seems like all of us who started Jan 31st are going through a lot of bad luck! I guess all I can do is look forward to getting better so I can get back on track!!

• I take back that starting week 3 being good.  Oh Lord, migraine turned into stomach flu.  I got totally derailed.  I am restarting week 3 today.  I lost 3lbs last week, but only because what little I ate, came right back out!  

Just had to read the thread about thinking of it as a stumble on the stairs and not starting over completely.  I just wonder how many people actually get through the 12 weeks without a stumble or setback of some kind!!

Some today with the Banditas because it's a "holiday", hopefully I'll be able to get my workout in!  We are taking them to the rodeo carnival so I will have to resist Midway food!