Advice if you have a stomach virus or food poisoning?

• I woke up this morning feeling under the weather.  Yesterday was a normal day and I got plenty of rest.  I was at work for about 5 hours and I just couldn't focus or concentrate, all I could do was sit at my desk bent over at the end of the 5 hours.  I have had this dull stomachache all day and I have had to drink more water than usual.  I have this rotten taste in my mouth and I have to do everything in my power to prevent myself from purging.  My son recently had a 24 hour something or other, so I thought I might have picked it up.  Nevertheless I have eaten and had my protein like I am supposed to.  I went to the gym to do my UBWO... oh man it killed me.  The rest minutes felt like rest seconds and I just couldn't get enough rest.  I had to sit keeled over in between sets and I got stares, but I got it done.  Man, I am so wiped out and I feel so nauseated.  Question is, if I do end up purging once or a few times, should I be worried about my nutrition intake?  Also, is it stupid or bad etiquette to go to the gym knowing i feel this way?  I'm also really worried about my upcoming slumber.  Please advise.

Thank you,

-C

• If it's making you sick to eat, then don't.  Just take in sugar free clear liquids such as broth until you feel better.  It's not going to hurt your results if you don't eat for a day.  Get over the bug and then get right back to it when you feel better.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory