All Ntural Peanut Butter

• It's best to let this thread end. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• gobes is absolutely correct. In moderation it is perfectly fine. If you like PB, then by all means work it in your macros.

• I am half way through BFL and have so far lost 18lbs and 7% body fat. I, like Charlie eat a spoon of Nat, Organic Peanut Butter either in my oats or mixed with my whey protein shake. It is full of good fats AND MORE IMPORTANTLY makes me feel like a human being in an otherwise very strict eating plan.

I also take Flaxseed everyday either in my oats or in my shakes (close your eyes and makes a chocolate Myoplex feel like the texture of Belgium Chocolate Haagen Daz with the little bits through it).

Both are high in fat BUT along with my Olive Oil these items would be my only source of fat through the day as the only meat I eat is fish and white meat (no cows, pigs lambs etc). I guess it's all about how you approach things.

• I don't know what all the fuss is about - natural peanut butter is shown in the food list available at this website under the category "Healthy Fats".

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Jacium, I was going to make that same point, thanks. Also if you look at the first week's menu, the final meal for Friday includes an apple with 1T of natural peanut butter. I do think it is important to note that it is included only once, rather than daily. The easiest way to get all the nutrients we need is through variety. Also remember that 1T is a level measuring spoon, not a heaping serving spoon. Really not much at all.

I'm not sure why we would need to close this thread; it seems that it has at least for the time being returned to civility and there is positive information being shared.

Skabadi, I am sorry that your thread turned ugly. I'm sure your intent was to open a jar of natural peanut butter, not a can of worms. All the best for a successful challenge.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• The best food list is in the actual BFL book.  Will a little natural PB kills your challenge?  Nope!

Variety is great, but natural pb doesn't provide any variety I need.

So...it depends on your goals.  We often forget that, the goal.  Contrary to popular belief, we don't all have the same goals.

I reject the theory that everyone is here to get leaner.  I know people doing BFL to gain, to get more fit, increase muscle, lose fat, etc.  Also, lifestyle / maintenance is very different from Contest behavior.  (at least for me)

On maintenance I'll have nut butter.  On contest, not a chance.  It really isn't the fat you need so it's not helpful.  When I put something in my body during a Challenge it's for a purpose.  It's okay if your philosophy differs, but remember your goal.

My goals is NOT to simply take up less space on the planet.  I'm 4'11".  How much less space could I take?  My goal is to be as fit as possible .  My goal right now, in week 9, is to do this Challenge to the best of my ability and that does not include natural PB (for me). 

It's okay if you have different goals, but remember that we'll get the results we earn with our behavior.

Skabadi - I hope you are still around my friend and that we haven't run you off.  Let us know how you're doing.

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• LOL at Jessica talking about her goals.

This thread simply asked if you could eat peanut butter daily and still obtain a fit body....umm, YES!

Then Jessica went on and on about how right she was only to find out the person who is preaching advice, because she is "well researched" is 4'11, 189 lbs. That's a wonderful image of fitness right there.

The lesson to learn is just because you think you have all the knowledge in the world, if you don't apply it then it does you no good.

Your obstacle in your life that led to a depression to eat more and become obese showed that you are weak.

You condemn me for giving out "wrong advice", LOL.

It really doesn't matter because at the end of the day, I get results. I'm happy, I help others get results and they enjoy the lifestyle, the food choices, the mindset....EVERYTHING.

Sometimes knowing too much is a bad thing.

Who do you wanna be? The omniscient who can't look straight ahead into the mirror

OR

Do you wanna have high energy, a lean physique, a new level of confidence, WHILE enjoying life...

4'11, 189 lbs, 30ish% bf?

or

6'4, 220 lbs, 7% bf

Choice is clear.

Make it happen.

• Charlie, that was totally unnecessary. Jessica's current body fat percentage has nothing to do with her right to her opinion or to post here. She is participating in a program to improve herself, just as you are, just as I am, just as everyone else here is. That IS a wonderful image of fitness and should be applauded, not mocked. We may not agree with her stance on peanut butter, but it's just as OK for her not to eat it as it is for anyone else to include it in their meal plan.

What happened to turning face or turning heel?

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• I'd like to thank everyone for their input in responding. I've had an almost excellent 9 days of BFL with or without peanut butter and am beginning to grasp the nuances of the program more and more.

I'm very sorry this thread turned so ugly and am pretty shocked. I thought everyone would be supportive in this forum, and most are!

I don't care what someones personal stats are, if they've done the research, they've done the research and there is no reason anyone should be bullied into justifying  1% or 100% body fat.

• Keep up the good work, Skabadi!

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Skabadi,

I am very sorry that this forum has turned negative.

I wanted to offer you some encouragement. Embrace B.F.L. and you will yield fantastic results! Thousands before you have traveled this path and achieved success. So can you! You too can build a lean hard body, and feel victorious. Tap into that inner-athlete that yearns to be released and make every workout count!

We look forward to hearing about your progress.

Warm Regards,

Lori

• There was no statement about Jessica telling the board about how she eats. It was her preaching about "THE WAY" to do it.

Was I harsh? Yup.

Did I feel it necessary? Yup.

Did I go overboard? Yup

THis woman actually thinks only the foods on the BFL list are to be eaten? What about natural foods not listed? Are those FORBIDDEN???

Here is a genius idea....eat peanut butter if you want AND take an omega 3 fish oil supplement.

DING!DING!DING! WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR HER, JOHNNY!

And I really don't care who has researched what..

Lemme ask you this. If you hired a personal trainer who was a solid 40-50 lbs overweight. And he/she was giving you advice on getting lean, losing fat, adding muscle. Or you had a fit trainer who looked the part giving you their advice.

Which trainer would you be more inclined to listen to?

It's obvious.

So for someone here on internet land to just hand out advice and preach it like the gospel, when she is the ass opposite of her advice, is hypocritical.

I maybe critical and I may be an ass. But I sure as hell get results, and I sure as hell practice what I preach.

According to Jessica's awesome insight, Emily Alvers, Jahid & Kitara Wilson and the countless other BFL Champs who only ate 5 meals, have a slower metabolism and are shortchanging their efforts.

Oh wait, because it's not true. Meal frequency is about personalization, which is another area a PT must adapt on a client to client basis.

• Charlie, this quote from you is so utterly rude... "Your obstacle in your life that led to a depression to eat more and become obese showed that you are weak."  I normally would not get involved in such foolishness but I was so disturbed by this comment I had to say something.  Why are you so angry and judgemental?  To call someone weak because of how they responded to a tragedy in their life.  Seriously, empathy is obviously not your strong point.   I could say so many things right now about your need to focus on the outside because of what is lacking on the inside, but I will stop because I don't know you and I can only hope what I read from you is not indicative of your true nature.  At this point I just feel sorry for you.  Yes, believe or not I feel sorry for you and your 7% body fat.  Imagine that.