MY FIRST Emotional Cardio WORK-OUT "IT's OK To CRY?"

• Robert, everyone can laugh at me but somewhere along the line a friend asked me if I had ever heard "it's the climb" by Miley Cyrus and at that time I had not.

Just a couple of days later I was on the elliptical doing my cardio and that song came on and as I stood there on that elliptical with tears streaming down my face I realized that song is everything about my BFL journey put to music.  (not many people looking at you at 4am)

It's not the finish, it's the climb that matters most.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Champster...I totally agree!!! That song is great! Totally about the climb....

• I had been struggling with my high point for quads for awhile, always stopping at the 10th rep 'cuz it burned so bad.  My last LBWO of week 12, I was at rep 10, and the chorus of a Queen song came on the radio "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now!"  The timing was perfect!  I almost cried/laughed!  I pushed through the burn and finally finished the mfing set!  

• A lot of times it's not our muscles that determine whether we get all the reps in, but rather our minds.

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Wow, I think you are awsome!! Such an inspiration to all of us here. Keep up the good work!!

• I realize this is an older post but I just have to tell you.....the same exact thing happened to me this morning!  And sitting here now reading your post I am crying again!  I love it when a work out pushes me to tears....that way I know it was gooooood.  Sometimes hitting my high point is the only thing that will unlock the stress, worry, doubt and fear I have inside - it's such an amazing release!  Congrats!

• I love this thread... What an inspiration to really think about the changes you're making to your mind and body when working out and doing this challenge as a whole.

It's a funny quirk, but i always (every single time!) listen to Bad Religion when doing HIIT, because no other group or artist makes me feel as powerful and strong to survive those 20 mins... Songs like "I Want to Conquer the World" and "I Want Something More." I do my best not to sing them in the gym, but I'm sure there are moments I've been caught lip-synching :)

It's nice to see people really being inspired to make those changes from the inside out!

• I also loved this thread!  Thanks everyone for sharing.  It makes me want to go hop on the treadmill :)