1 Week in...feeling better...but the negative inner voices keep coming! Ugh!

• I'm thru my first week... feeling physically better, eating right, hitting the weights and the cardio... I'm struggling with poor self-image and bad self-esteem.  Old habits are negative thoughts of myself... woke up this morning, being pretty hard on myself, not sure why. I'm determined to work thru this and not give up... second week, day one!  Am I the only one dealing with things like this? :(

Norma

• Norma,

When I first started BFL (I have had 3 successful challenges, on maintenance now), I was in the same boat. Hated the way I looked, the way I felt, the way I treated people. But then finally something clicked, a force within that powered me through and allowed me to keep going.

Do you keep a journal of any kind? I would suggest you journal at night and write down10 positive things that happened to you during the day. In the mornings, the first thing you should do is read those positive thoughts so you begin the day on a positive note!

Search for the positive things in your life! One of my positives yesterday was my husband and daughter making deer jerky!

Hope you have a better day and keep pushing yourself!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Norma,

I know how you feel.  Take one day at a time.  Remember its just 20 min or 45 min out of your day.  When you are in the gym or at home, give it YOUR best effort.  The days and weeks go by fast.  Eat clean and 5 to 7 times a day and before you know it your will notice a difference not just in your body but your life and those around you will change.  

I know its so hard when you get excited that you want to see that change now!!!.  But nothing comes easy.  Keep up on these threads, keep yourself around positive people, and stay focused and positive yourself and a miricle will happen..  I promise..  Remember ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!

"OBESESSED IS A WORD THE LAZY USE FOR THE DEDICATED"

• Thank you, Debbie!  I have not kept a journal, but I think this is a very good idea.  I can see where it will provide me with insight on possible patterns of when I feel this way.  I have to say, since writing my comment this morning, which was a low moment, I really gave it thought as to why I became so negative this morning... I think it's because during my 20minute cardio, I gave up and slowed down my workout too soon because I focused on what I couldn't finish, rather than that I could finish and push thru to reach my true peak. I think I let myself down, and knew that I could have done more...  I decided that when I go home today, I'm going to tackle this cardio again for the 20 minutes, but this time, I'm going to finish properly!

Thank you so much for your feedback!  I so appreciate it! I'm really excited about where my journey will lead!

Norma

• Thank you! I will!  I have much to be thankful for, and I have a wonderfully supportive husband and children around me...but as you know, they can't do it for me, I have to dig deep and find it within myself. Your words are inspiring and I will continue to stay focused! I'm very happy to have such wonderful support!

Norma