What is your Abyss?

• Bump...thought some of the new folks could use this.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Michelle, you weren't kidding!  Thanks for the bump!  It was great and had me a bit teary.  I started BFL in 2003 and got pregnant 4 weeks into the challenge.  I would have stayed on it but I throw up while pregnant to the point of needing IV Fluids, so I didn't stay on board.  So here I am, back again because I loved how I looked and felt those four weeks on BFL.  I am like another poster here that said she is doing this for herself.  That is me this time...I am doing this for me.  I wrote down the whys, the goals and all that per the original book so I came to grips with some of my fears and things that hold me back.  I am also one of those "perfectionist" types usually, but not this time. I have promised myself that if I have a bad day, week (due to travel or illness), I will pick my self up and keep going. So thank you for your inspirational words.  I want this to be a life change not a 12 week change!  Thanks also for answering many of my questions via other posts.  Have a great day!

• Kclark I'm probably what some might term as a late bloomer.  It took me a lot of trial and error and emotional acknowledgement to get to the "lifer" part of this.  Be patient with yourself.  Acknowledge your set backs and why they happen and push on.  Nothing feels better than taking care of you.  You deserve it.  Be healthy in front of and for your children.  That is a wonderful gift for them.

Congrats on coming back to BFL!

• Thanks so much.  I had been reading on this site for over a month and hadn't seen this.  So.....thanks!

• :o)  Thanks for taking the time to read it.

• Oh wow, my first time reading this too! Good stuff, good advice. I am in week 12 and I really do want to make a lifestyle change. I'm not sure if I have crossed my abyss but I am sure that I want to do this and I want a healthy body. I have planned my challenge 2, and I'm not going to give up, I am determined to reach my goal!!!!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• Tisha just be "mindful" during the rest period between challenges.  That's when our old easy life and ways tend to sneak back in.  Be ready for them and that's half the battle.  You'll do just fine!!