My day meals - Would you comment please?

• if you are not hungry it is not a must. do not force (that is my opinion) but maybe have something smaller then... just try to get the meals in.

And definitely gotta reduce the bread slices.

• MyDecade:  The only reason I mentioned PMing me is because I didn't want you to get confused, or most of all discouraged.  I am happy discussing with you here!  I can't go back to your post now since we are on 2nd page, but will try to remember.

I know you are trying to get your ratios down, but if you can get in the habit of eating the right types of food as well, it will be very helpful when you start.  I love wasa crackers as well, and sometimes eat them with avocado and turkey meat..yum.  But, I only eat them occasionally, as well as bread.  That just works better for me.  I do eat lots of brown rice, yams & oatmeal.  I have a protein pancake recipe that I can share with you as well if you are interested.

I would say when you eat bread to only eat 2 slices at a time, not 3.  It will fall a little below the 20grams, but should be fine.  I think applesauce is o.k., but the whole fruit is always better (more fiber and vitamins).  As far as soup; I agree with Ayummymommy...skip the broth and eat the chicken and veggies.  The broth is full of sodium and may cause you to retain water, and bloat.

Instant oats are o.k., but regular is better, if you need the fiber.  I personally do the little packets of all natural quaker oats with no added flavorings or sugars.  They are exactly 20g carbs each.  I add some truvia (which is stevia granules), cinnamon, etc...

As far as meal 6, don't force it.  Many people have done this plan eating only 5 meals a day.  If you feel you don't need it, then don't worry about it.  Are you working out yet, or just trying to get meals down?  Once you start working out really hard, you may find you need that 6th meal.  I eat meal 1 @ 5:30 everyday, so I can get my 6th meal in.  I love to have a protein type milkshake in the evening.

Gosh, I hope that covers everything!!!   Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have.

I feel like I need to put a disclaimer on my posts now....

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Wow! tons of great info ayummymommy and DBMom!

OK... I need to assimilate the info.

- Cut the bread. Use oats or rice or pasta (brown and whole wheat) CHECK!

- Do not force meals... This is good to know! I am really not hungry now!

- Best to skip the broth (even if I cook it myself and not add salt) This still kind of baffles me... :-S

- Regular oats is best

BDMom, I am working out. Today I did about 45min weight lifting but not by the book. For some reason I can't do it by the book by myself and so I am going to train with a trainer starting January. But I'm lifting because I don't want to start from zero. I'm also doing cardio. Tomorrow I will try to "collapse" during the 20 minutes. It should be hard because I'm no unfit! :-)

Anyway, thanks girls. I appreciate it!

Live life with passion!

• you are doing great. try to get your ducks in a row. going in with knowledge and a plan is the best idea. That way you are not second guessing and stressing while trying to go through the program.

as for the workouts... these are really important. the key is to be working as hard as YOU can while you are in the gym. Like the book says, your 10 may not be my 10 and my 10 is probably not yours. You try to hit YOUR 10 every workout. And the key is progression. Keep trying harder each time. You will see, it is a learning curve but you will get there. IMO, better to start out testing what a 6, 7, 8, 9,and 10 are for you for the first few times and when you hit them...YOU'LL KNOW IT!!

You can do this...don't over think, but I think you are wise to get things ironed out before you start. Read various things on the site. Look at some of the meal plans etc on here... they will help clarify for you the things we have all said.

• Just to clarify...don't force that last meal if you feel you really can't.  BUT, I wouldn't cut any other meals.  I really would recommend no less than 5 meals per day,  You need the food for fuel.  If you can squeeze in a 6th meal, that would be great, but if all your other meals are spot on..you s/b fine.  

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• My philosophy on the sixth meal: I always have one the night before cardio. Before weights, if I am tired and/or really not hungry, I will skip it.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• BDMom - Let me first say, I was not attacking you. I simply quoted you when you stated to "watch too many fruits and to limit starchy carbs." So if it came across that I was attacking you, I apologize. Not my intent. I realize and understand your guidelines bout 20g/20g, I was simplifying it because MyDecade is trying to get everything down pat. So I referenced the original book.

This is what I tell people whom I train as well. I say, ask yourself 2 questions, is there a palm sized portion of protein and carbs in every meal. So again I was just talkin aloud, not trying to be untactful.

All I am trying to do is to reveal amongst the clutter at how simple it really is, from the workouts to the nutrition to get in the best shape of your life. I challenge anyone to give me a call on my cell and let's just talk transformation. I love talking to people about positive changes that are going on in their lives, plus sometimes we learn something by talking. I had a pleasant chat with Rob last Saturday. Pm me for my cell if anyone wants to talk. I think Rob would chime in to tell anyone here I was by no means untactful.

My Decade - BDMom is right about breads, crackers, things of that nature. They are man made carbs. Some breads are ok as long as high in fiber. BFL list sticks to natural carbs. Like brown rice, sweet potato, fruits, oats etc. For months I ate oats in M1, and then m2-6 was brown rice, with a protein of course :) Plus breads are so easy to over eat too.

And for those who don't like me that is fine, I am on everyone's side though. It's kinda what I tell my clients. I am on your side whether you think so or not. I have done the work myself and speak from experience. At times I can by blunt and some do not like it so cut and dry. You can not like me, but you will respect me. I don't know of anyone else who has done what I have. And if you want to block me go ahead, but you will see me again on the front page of bodyforlife.com when I am chosen for 2011 Body-for-LIFE Champion.

Charlie Wigington

2011 Body-for-LIFE Champion

• Hi!

I have to fix something from my last post.

I said: "It should be hard because I'm no unfit!"

I don't even know what that means...

What I meant to say was: "collapsing shouldn't be that hard because I am so unfit!"

Thanks to everyone. I'll keep every advice in mind...

Live life with passion!

• Charlie may come across a bit rough at first (that's what I thought too) but in some private emails we have had he has been EXTREMELY helpful. He really means no harm and has some great advice...

I am going to call you Charlie, as soon as I have five minutes without my kids nagging... ;)

• Sounds good Deb, I'm off work today so this would be a good day!

• I would like to chime in here if possible. They are thousands of people who have had great results losing weight and getting fit. Whether it be BFL or any of the other routines the common factor is smart eating and consistent exercise.

Charlie, you results are astounding and I commend you for your determination. but it comes across harsh and like you are belittling people by saying "I do not know of anyone else who has done what I have." By looking at the past challengers, there have been hundreds of amazing transformations. Everyone has to make their own journey to get to their goals. Freedom of choice is the great thing. If you feel that your way is the best, by all means go do it, but why criticize anyone who has a differing opinion. If there was one true correct way to do it, we would all be fit. We can only give advice from our own personal experiences and just because it worked for you, doesn't mean another program will not work as well. If  my way does not get the results as fast as yours, no big deal, just support me and give me friendly advice and suggestions on how to improve and get to my goals. I do not feel that there is any bad intent in your posts, I think that you are just convinced that you have the best way. That is good, but be open minded. You could also learn from the wonderful people here.

I love this community and everyone here. I wish you all the best in you quest to be fit. Have a great day.

• I don't think "my way" is the best, it is the only way I can speak form experience. I also have never seen any person become a BFL Champion who weighed 335lb+ transform to a ripped muscular physique.

• Great job MyDecade!  I found a weight set and bench.  Will purchase next week.  My plans are to start lifting right after Christmas.  I know nothing about lifting so I purchased a weight lifting video that will show me the proper way to lift weights. I lose another 3 pounds.  I am eating organic food: BF - 3 egg whites and 1/4 steel cut oatmeal, Snack - EAS carb control a banana or orange, L - chicken ***, brown rice and green salad, snack - EAS carb control and apple, D - salmon or tuna and a green vegetable. I am doing pretty good with the water drinking between 96 and 104ozs.  I haven't started any exercising yet.  I will try to do something tomorrow.  

Talk more soon