A couple of questions

• Guys this is great info!

I tried to do HIIT today but I think I didn't reach my  10 because I was fresh after 20 minutes. Need to push myself some more!!! And willing to do so :-)

Now back to the diet, fir4 life. So "clean diet" speaks to me about quality more than quantity... Am I right?

If I do get hungry between meals, may I eat an apple?

I am trying this too (the diet thing) and I do get hungry before 3 hours! Am I eating too little?

I have the second edition of BFL book. It is a great book and I think  it does a great job explaining everything. It has the food list. Apples are allowed :-)

The book is great but I'm trying to harvest real experience, like yours guys... Before I start for real.

Thanks

Live life with passion!

• OK... Another way to put it: if I'm doing the diet right, how should I feel? How should my body feel? Hungry? Satisfied?...

Live life with passion!

• MyDecade, you will feel satisfied.  Here's a little checklist I made up for myself.  It includes drinking water.  If you drink enough water and eat your meals, you should be fine.  Hope this helps.

Did you:

get at least 8 hours SLEEP?

get your WORKOUT done today?

eat 6 portioned MEALS 2-3 hours apart today?

take a MULTI-VITAMIN?

use SUPPLEMENTS (if you so choose) as directed on the container?

drink your WATER today (½ your weight in ounces)?

PLAN all of these things for tomorrow?

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Sharon,

Your list seems comprehensive. I wish I could control the sleep part! I do suffer from insomnia now and then (this past couple of nights for example)

I am drinking about 3 liters (100 ounces) of water which is more than half my weight (thank God!)

I bought a 100 ounce water container that I fill up every morning, that I keep by my desk at work and pour into a more manageable drinking container... And I do this through out the day... So I have the water part settle.

I'm not taking a multi-vitamin.. Maybe I should.

I'm going to buy EAS supplements.

Live life with passion!

• Kahoona,

WOW! Collapse! What a strong word... I'll try to "collapse" on thursday... Tomorrow is weight day...

Live life with passion!

• MyDecade......try eating every 2 1/2 hours. That could make a big difference. It did for me.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• How about posting a typical day of what you are eating with portions etc... I am sure people will chime in and let you know if you are on track.

Simply put: a portion protein (size of palm ... about 3-4 oz chicken etc) + a portion carb (size of fist... about 1/3 to 1/2 cup dry oats or mashed sweet potatoes), add veggies to 2 of the 6 meals per day...

so...

7:30 Protein + Carb

10:30 Protein + Carb

1:00 Protein + Carb+ veggie

3:30 Protein + Carb (I have fruit as a carb here)

6:00 Protein + Carb+ veggie

9:00 Protein + Carb

Check the "Authorized foods list" for protein and carb ideas...

Otherwise that is it. I am in week 5 and if you have seen my thread at all... I have been stressing a bit. But this is the plan and we have to work it and it will work!! I'm trying to have faith!!

Good luck!

• MyDecade - As you get more into a routine with the exercises and meals, your sleep pattern should improve.  It did for me.  I used to have sleep issues too.

• I agree with SWW... that is an area that should improve and will be an indicator of whether your nutrition is in line...

• Guys,

I've read everything in detail. Thanks.

Ayummuymmomy,

I do think that "the palm of my hand" or "my fist" is too vague of a description for me. Now, 3-4 ounces and 1/3 to 1/2 cup I can live with! In fact I was just making chicken for tomorrow and weighted it: 4 ounces exact. But without this I would have cut it in two and make it into two meals!

Tomorrow I will pay close attention to what I eat and when. Write it up and share with you guys. If you care to read and comment I would be thankful!

Live life with passion!

• MyDecade - this should help:

A portion of PROTEIN is roughly equal to the size of the palm of your hand. For example, a chicken b r e a s t about the size of the palm of your hand is a proper portion of chicken for you.

A portion of a right CARBOHYDRATE is an amount roughly equal to the size of your clenched fist. For example, a baked potato about that size is the right amount for you.

The right amount of a serving of VEGETABLES is approximately what you might imagine you can hold in the cupped palm of your hand. For example, a portion of steamed broccoli could be a little or a lot, depending on your appetite, really.  You see, with vegetables, you have a lot of leeway—you don’t have to limit yourself to a certain amount, and you certainly don’t have to force feed yourself a certain serving size.

This info is from the Eating-for-LIFE book (top of page 39).

• Palm of your hand is without fingers and thumb. :-)

• you are aiming for about 18-20 grams of protein and the same for carbohydrate per meal.

ie. 4 oz chicken measured raw yields about that amount of protein...

ie. 1/2 of oats (NOT INSTANT KIND) is about 20 g net carbs (total carbs-fibre amount=net carbs (carbs that affect blood sugar)... and same for sweet potato, brown rice, pasta etc

these are just baselines...can be adjusted depending on your height, weight, objectives etc.

Try not to get caught up in the numbers...just focus on getting in good food primarily