Still an achievement even if freedays are binge fests

• I wanted to ask if people still think its an achievement if some completes the BFL program but really let loose on their freeday, what I mean is for 6 days out of every week you ate 100% by the book and didnt miss one workout and really trained hard but on your freeday you didnt hold back and ate and drank as much as you wanted?

• I am C1W3 and on my second free day I found I did eat less than the first one which was a total bingefest.  The challenge for me is to get to guilt-free free days.  They are there for a reason.  They give me something to look forward to and something to remember after the fact.  What I believe any person has to reconcile is how that eating impacts their goal attainment and physical/emotional health.  It is your day and the decisions that you make are yours alone to judge.

• The first time I did this 12 y ears ago I binged every free day and went from 25% body fat the 17% body fat.  As far as I know unless female Menopause gets in the way it should work again.  I believe I skipped the very last free day to slim down for the photos (water weight issue) but that is all.

• THANK YOU RONELLSMOM.  ITS NICE TO HEAR SOMEONE FINALLY SAY FREE DAYS ARE OK TO TAKE TO THE MAX!!!!!!

• I have taken a free day for the entire 12 weeks and i have been able to lose 29.8 #. I don't know what you mean about drink as much as you want. I have thrown beer out of my eatin schedule and don't even have one on my free day. As far as eating do you thing but i find that on my free day my eyes are bigger than my stomach. So i think i am going to eat all this stuff but i don't. I still have chips and cookies that i bought 2 wks ago because i was going to eat but i have yet to eat. Maybe next week

• Some people describe binging as eating a whole dozen donuts for breakfast, a triple cheeseburger and large fries for lunch and a large pizza with double cheese for dinner.  

I personally don't disagree with free day as I take my free day every week.  I eat what I want and I occasionally enjoy red wine along with dinner.

As a formerly obese person, my metabolism has suffered plenty of damage by the habit of overeating so I am forced to monitor my behavior and portions on free day.

If you are seeing successes like Ronnellsmom, I highly recommend that you don't change a thing.  It's when you are not seeing those kind of results and your are having a free for all on free day, you might start there for the solution.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I do.  That's the way it was originally designed.  And that's what I've done just about every challenge but this one.  I've had great results and mediocre results (thus the reason I'm having a free day within reason this time around).  The psychology behind it worked very well for me.  Knowing I could have whatever I wanted, binging the first few free days, I found naturally I just didn't feel like taking full advantage of them after that.  I got them out of my system.  This time I already have that mindset so I generally have a less than strict day planned around a decadent dinner or maybe drinks and appetizers with friends.  I no longer go to bed thinking "first thing tomorrow I'm going to eat three bowls of Cap'n'Crunch".

• I've been there with the 3 bowls of Capt. Crunch!!!  I've toned it down now to a big bowl of Kashi oat clusters. (free day only).

• Thanks for sharing BluesKat, I often feeling "guilty" for taking my free day when a lot of people say NOT to take a full free day.  It's helped me through the tough times also.  

• Burnanfirm and Blueskat isn't it funny how free day turns in to either "healthy choices" we don't eat during the week.  Don't get me wrong, I have crap from time to time just like anyone, but it's not every single free day.

• Free days are ok to take to the Max but you need to be able to deal with the result of that.  For me it was gaining 3 lbs every weekend and having to take 2-3 days to get back to where I was before free day.  It's like 1 step forward and 2 steps back every weekend.  So with that I went to 1-2 free meals on free day.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I think the best thing about free days for me is that I don't beat myself up for eating a fatty meal or eating a cookie or two.  It's okay to indulge.  I get back on track and really enjoy eating healthy food.  It makes me feel good and that feeling is priceless.  I never feel deprived and it makes me feel like I can eat this way forever.  BFL has really taught me to be kind to myself, something I've struggled with my entire life.  

• I'm not going to pretend I was good on my free days.  No, my free days are as bad as, if not worse, then any regular day before I started the challenge.  In the book Bill says have a big mac or two for lunch if you want, pizza for dinner, I did and still do on my free days.  It's what they are for imo and to rid yourself of the cravings and enjoy some junk food.

The next day, massive carb hangover but only for about 10 minutes after I woke up, because I am on the treadmill at 6AM and work it out.  

• Champster,

This is areally what mine became. I had all of the otherwise "healthy" foods that aren't BFL foods. So I felt like I kinda went crazy (I mean - I had SUBWAY!), but only by BFL standards. Yesterday was my first (and very appreciated free day), but by the end of the day I realized that while I need them desperately, it's not like I'm going to go down a pizza and a two-liter, either.  That made me feel better. I had been wondering what I would want. It simply gives me the mental and physical break I need!

Most of all, it was the physical break I needed. I slept in Sunday morning (I slept about 11 hours - way more than I usually get), but I think my body needed that and the rest. Today I'm refueled and ready to go!!

~K

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Awesome Kimmie!!