"Within You"

• Within You
    by an Unknown Author

A man planted a rose and watered it faithfully and before it blossomed, he examined it.

He saw the bud that would soon blossom, but noticed thorns upon the stem and he thought, How can any beautiful flower come from a plant burdened with so many sharp thorns?

Saddened by this thought, he neglected to water the rose, and just before it was ready to bloom, it died.

So it is with many people. Within every soul there is a rose. The qualities planted in us at birth, grow amid the thorns of our faults. Many of us look at ourselves and see only the thorns, the defects.

We despair, thinking that nothing good can possibly come from us. We neglect to water the good within us, and eventually it dies. We never realize our potential.

Some people do not see the rose within themselves; someone else must show it to them.

One of the greatest gifts a person can possess is to be able to reach past the thorns of another, and find the rose within them.

When we make mistakes or feel we have failed, always remember that within you there is a rose.

Learn from your mistakes and from your failures, and move forward.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• That is beautiful Champster.

YOU are beautiful. Accent and all.

It's going on my wall lady - at home AND at work! Hugs for your day!

• This is beautiful, and so true. So many give up on themselves before they ever see their beauty!

Thanks for posting!

"If you mind can conceive, you can achieve it

• Thanks for this. I really needed to read something like this today.

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• Champster,

Thank you for the post. It is easy to forget sometimes. Honestly there are times I see someone who is overweight and a judgmental thought jumps into my head. I stop, tell the thought to scram, and remember exactly what your post is about. Everyone deserves respect, love, support and encouragement because inside, regardless of the outside, we are all beautiful and amazing people with something to offer the world.

• ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!  Thanks, Champster!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• And don't forget...  There are many, many thorns surrounding that inner athlete you can feel inside yourselves...  Take the risk of scratches and pricks...have courage, be brave and allow that inner athlete to bloom.  

DON'T GIVE UP ON IT.

• As I was analyzing my 11th week pictures today; I saw the thorns and not the roses. Your poem gave me clarity. I have tranformed into an athlete during my BFL journey and for that I am thankful. It is something as simple as a sweet women and a touching poem to make one realize the change within. Thank you!

• Thanks Champster. I don't know if you meant it this way but it is easy to be self depreciating or forget about ourselves entirely. It is important to value ourselves as it is important to value others. Thanks for reminding me.

• Lorig it takes practice daily to love and appreciate ourselves.  Try this...

I love and appreciate my body, I love and appreciate myself.

1) I love my thick thighs, they are strong and can do some serious dead-lifts.

2) I love and appreciate my stomach, it can do 100 crunches.

3) I love and appreciate my tongue because it tells me the difference between clean food and junk.

4) I love and appreciate my eyes...they allow me to see the beauty in others.

5) I love and appreciate my toes because they balance my body.

I love and appreciate myself, I love an appreciate my body.

Orrin, you're always welcome and thank you!

• Champster,  You are absolutely right! Actually I love and appreciate the "new" me. I suffered a paralysis back in May and recently recovered the ability to speak again. I am so grateful for this miracle and owe it to BFL for my recovery. I will be revealing my story and pictures in the next few weeks. May we all appreciate the ability to be healthy.

• wow champster, that's great.  I'm going to write me out a list of what I appreciate now and use it as a mantra