re-committing my body for life

• hi, i'm a 42 year old male, and i started the body for life regimen about 5 years ago and got amazing results from it. i've since backslid, mainly due to changes in life that i allowed to affect my regimen. i'm now re-committing myself, because i want to live, and i dont want the health issues that have plagued my family cause me to lose any of the quality of my life. i'm just looking for words of encouragement, or tips, or anything that will help me stay focused this time.. and if anyone else has been through this, where they fell off and then had to hop back on again. thanks guys.

db

• Good for you db!  I've been there done that.  I made it to week 10 back in 2003 and quit because I was happy with my results.  I quickly gained it all back and then some.  I had several attempts to come back but couldn't make it pass a week or two.  I finally made it through 12 weeks last year and now I'm on challenge 5.  You can do this.  It certainly takes the right attitude and support.  I give some credit to being on this site and communicating with like minded people.  I didn't always have support at home or through friends or co-workers.  As long as you keep your eye on the prize, you can do this again.  Welcome back! :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• DB ~ Hi I'm Rachel and I'm now almost finished with week 10 of the challenge.  I've struggled with my weight and diet since I was in elementry school.  I went on my first diet "Weight Watchers" when I was in the 7th grade.  I've done every fad diet there is.  Attemting to get healthy and falling back into your old unhealthy lifestyle is something I know all about.  I think of all the attempts as a learning experience.   It's much easier to maintain than to have to start all over again at a high weight.  I think the biggest thing is positive thinking!!!!  Treating yourself good and not beating yourself up when you slip.  Just pick yourself up and keep going.  You can do it!!!!

Rachel

• DB-Like Sharon said, I've been there done that, almost the same exact story as her except I'm only only on Challenge 2.  Life can throw some things at you, but if you have the right mindset and you know what your goals are, you can stay on the right path.

Welcome back on the BFL Wagon!!

You can also post to the thread of "Faithful GBers" to get the support and encouragement you need...this place Rocks! :0)

Have a Happy BFL Day!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• thank you so much guys for your words of inspiration, it means a lot.

db

• Heya DB,

Everyday is a new chance to re-create yourself.  Congratulations on your decision to be more healthy.

• Hi DB,

I started BFL in 2001, lost 125 lbs doing three back to back challenges.  Thought I'd really done well and relaxed a little.  I saw myself as if for the first time in Jan of 2009.  It was great because I no longer considered the original weight loss in the equation and it was like starting all over again and I've loved every minute of it.  The first time it was all physical changes, this time it's been internal changes and for that in itself I'm grateful!!  Welcome back now lets ROCK AND ROLL!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• thank you all for your kind words, they help a lot.