Body For Life: take 2 (8 years later)

• Hey, I'm still here.  Still working towards my goals.  Sarah has been doing a lot better in the gym day care.  I bought a bag of lollipops and give her one whenver I pick her up and she hasn't cried.  Now, whenever she wants a lollipop she'll ask me, "Can we go to the YMCA?"  I got the stomach flu last Thursday and Friday and each of my kids and my husband has had it since then.  Of course that makes 8 of us, so Its been rough.  My stomach is still recovering so all I ate today was cranberry juice for breakfast and a plum for lunch.  I figure my body will tell me when its safe to eat more.  I had to drop out of my cardio, but have kept up with my weights because I do not want to lose muscle mass because of this sickness.  I will make it to the gym tomorrow.  

It's good to see these posts in my e-mail again.  I missed you guys!

• Nice to see you again Galof,

I would just like to add my 2c in here - giving your daughter a lollipop for going to daycare is setting her up for a food addiction later on.  Try supplementing the lollipop with a sticker.  My daughter is nearly 5 and has never had a lollipop or any sort of hard lolly and because I've told her they are yucky, she won't even try them.  A dentist told me that a lot of teen girl get tooth decay behind their 2 front teeth from sucking on lollipops.

Sorry if I have offended you there, but I'm sure you don't want your daughter to develop food habits that are hard to break...

I still haven't managed to exercise but the eats are BFL.  I'm just so tired all the time and you all know it's so hard to get into it when you just can't keep your eyes open in the morning and have so much to do in the afternoon.  Someone kick me in the butt please....

Body for LIFE, not body for 12 weeks!

• No offense, every parent does things there own way and we can all learn from each other.  I'm think  2 dum dums a week was worth the risk for gaining the time I have at the gym, but it's not a permanent situation.  Still, because of my own history I have always tried hard not to let my baggage affect my kids.  (I have 6 from age 3 - 16)  Fortunately they all seemed to have escaped unscathed --so far.

• Okay, Lisadgreat1... i am starting the BFL program AGAIN as well. I lost over 30 pounds in 2000 and after 8 weeks, quit and eventually returned to normal weight. The battle of yo-yoing has continued until last year when I was able to lose 30+ pounds in Iraq last year for my wedding... thanks to the lifestyle and stress :( I made my goal to fit into the wedding dress and vowed to never go back!! However, now that I am back in a normal evnironment and have access to the foods I love, in less than 75 days, I have gained back 21 pounds. I am very disappointed with myself and have decided to start the program back today!! I hope you are doing great on your journey... I am right behind you!!!!!

• Well, I'm back on the exercise wagon but I've fallen off the eats wagon......  groan

Body for LIFE, not body for 12 weeks!

• Is anyone still here? I've been gone for a while but started again on Monday the 2nd. Struggling all ready but I am determined to make it a lifestyle!

Any of my old (and new) 'buddies' I encourage you today to push through...we can all do it!

Leggs

• Hey leggs,  

I'm glad you are still going.  I hit a patch back at the end of Marchl when I fell and broke 2 ribs.  I couldn't do anything.  I am completely recovered now and have started exercising again.  A neighbor asked me if I wanted to try the 17-day diet with her and I agreed.  The diet starts as a hard core low carb type, but ends up at its stage 3 looking a lot like Body for Life.  I am on day10 and I'm glad I'm doing it mostly to bond with my friend.  We are taking turns fixing dinners for each other and it is been nice to have the support and accountability.  I don't feel like it gives enough nutrition to support the kind of workouts BFL requires, but like I said, I am heading toward a better level of nutrition and will then raise the bar on my workouts.  I definitely think BFL is a better plan.  Good luck with it.

-Galof