What if for some reason?

• Illustration.jpg

You don't rest on the free-day? 

Is that bad?

It gets boring here. (;  lol

• Rest is good! It helps stop over training!

I dont do anything hard out, i just go out with the partner and sometimes we take the dog for an extra walk or even a random bike ride!

If you feel like everything is starting to get to hard would suggest taking a day off to relax! Sometimes you do need it x

• oic. so burning a little more calories(not too much) is good on the free-day right?

So im going to guess that a couple games of tug-O-war is not bad then right? (; lol

• I guess the question is what do you consider rest?

I'm doing this to get back to an active lifestyle, not workout like a mad monkey for 6 days then surf the couch on the 7th.

From what I have read here and in the book you should lay off the weights and HIIT training as the body needs the day to recover, but I know I plan on going for a long but lesuirely bike ride on free days.

• Free day is built in but it is not required to be taken. :-)  It's up to you whether you take it or not.  If you feel not taking a day of rest each week will not cause you to burn out before the end of 12 weeks, inivite injury or give you the results you seek then you should be ok.  Be aware that doing extra isn't necesarily going to give you an added benefit during your 12 week challenge.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• ^^^ makes sense...well i never really completed my 12 weeks.

I always somehow ended up waking up in the middle of the night and binged.

Well reason why i asked this is because i jump rope, do some weighted puches and stretch for about 20 - 30 mins every day.

• Sunday is my free day from everything.  I don't even want to think about working out on Sunday.  When Monday rolls around, I am ready to kill my workouts the rest of the week.  There have been times I hike on a Sunday or walk the dog, etc...but nothing strenuous.  It is the rest/relaxation time that your muscles grow, not when you are actively working them.  I thik if you keep it to mild activity you will be fine, but your body really needs a break once a week!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• lol, @BDMom, alright then, because i do it like i everyday...i heard something about working out too much is bad.

I forgot what its called but its something, im not sure if it kicks in when we get mad but that same thing is used when we work out...to much of that is bad...it starts with a "C".