Forbidden Foods?

• I have not started my challenge and I wanted to know if the following are ok to eat when I do begin the challenge which will be very soon (days away):

1.  Kellogs k-Bars   

2.  Yoplait  Light Fat Free Yogurt

3.  Orange Juice 

4.  97% Fat Free Hot Dog (just 1 as a meal)

Advise Anyone?

Thank you all. 

• My two cents...

The Kelloggs k-bars are high in sugar.

The Yoplait is fine. There are other yogurts that have less sugar.

The orange is fine if it is fresh squeezed with no added sugar. You would add that as your carb. I would guess you would be pretty hungry with just that as a carb.

Kill the hot dog.

Turkey ***, chicken ***, salmon, cottage cheese...all great protein options.

Do you have the original BFL book? The list in the original book offers a variety of suggestions. Many will tell you that your best results will come from following the original authorized food list.

Think whole foods. Great for you for planning in advance! That is the key to success!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• I agree with Renee.  Stick real foods, I'd rather eat an orange then drink the juice, it goes by too fast ;o)

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks for the reply.

It helps to know the small things and be better prepared.

Will do.

Abdallah

• I agree with Renee.....keep it simple.....follow the basic food groups in the original BFL book.  

1.  Kellogs k-Bars - If sugar is in the first 3 ingredients of any food it can be a trigger and a set up to binge.

2.  Yoplait  Light Fat Free Yogurt - ok.

3.  Orange Juice - I prefer the whole orange.  Tastes good, filling, roughage, etc......Planning my food for the next day I would peel and prepare the night before or at the meal to be eaten.

4.  97% Fat Free Hot Dog (just 1 as a meal) -  no - poor protein....there are many other good choices, chicken, turkey, haddock, salmon, tuna, shrimp, lean steak, lean ground beef, egg whites, etc....

Portions sizes are important too.....

Thanks for asking!  People on the site will help out anytime, all the time.......Let us know when you start!  I'm at the end of day 70!