Something to think about....

• I stood last night looking in the mirror. I kept thinking to myself, "Self, I see changes. But how drastic are they?" As I lay down to go to sleep last night I kept thinking about something.....

I've had 17 years of getting overweight and out of shape. I'm starting with 12 weeks to get back into better shape. If I can give myself 17 years of excuses, bad habits, and poor quality living, why can't I give myself the 12 weeks to see more drastic changes?

For those of you who are doing this and they're having no problem and hit every high point, and they're following it to a T and they can see their changes, AWESOME!! Keep it up.

For those of us who go, "Is it working? I can't really see a BIG difference and I'm already in Week 6,7,8,9...etc." This is the thought that I want you to carry with you. You've given yourself years to get out of shape, or years being stuck as a person you weren't happy with. Give yourself the time to get back in shape or change into the person you really want to be.

Someone cares about how you feel. Spread the word of your change and people will start noticing and they'll start asking you about it.

Have a wonderful day.

Heath.

• Thanks, awesome post. I was just moaning to a friend who is a personal trainer yesterday that I couldn't see any changes and he told me to "stop whining, if you stop you won't see any changes ever." I think post helped more tho! : )

The number of people that fail is directly proportionate to the number of people that give up :)

• Nightgryphon I love this post.  If folks would stop talking about what they are not seeing and start focusing on what they ARE DOING results come.  I've seen it hundreds of times.  The power of a positive mind and solid goals are truly unstoppable.  If you really want it, you will be willing to stick to it and go through it.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• so tru.... great post. thanks for the inspiration to keep going.

• A friend of mine at work is also doing body for life and yesterday he walked in and was talking about how he's on week three and he's not sure about the changes, but he knows they're happening, he just wished he could see it more. I mentioned my post about giving yourself time, he nodded his head, a little guilt seeping in and goes, "you know, I never thought about that. I can give myself 12 weeks. Like you said, I've given my self three years to get here."

I'm glad you guys found it helpful, I do what I can to help!