wow. Read BFL Mike's "Time to Move On" Blog... written in April

• Time to Move On!

Tag: Fitness — Mike @ 5:43 am

I just finished a transformation challenge for this year, and the results were predictably “good,” though perhaps not as good as years past. I’m 63 years old now, so nothing is really as easy to do as it was, especially staying fit. So, I’m still proud of the challenge results, but I also think it’s time to “move on” so far as fitness is concerned.

See, keeping muscle mass and staying generally fit will always be goals so long as I can continue to work out, and I will always return to the types of progressive resistance training I’ve done for years as part of my base fitness plan. But, I also plan on putting more functional types of exercises into my routine, exercises that will help me be a better bicyclist, a better golfer, a better swimmer, and a better runner. That likely means much more core work and much more in the way of body weight exercises, and less in terms of progressive resistance training volume.

I also plan on “moving on” insofar as time spent on writing, teaching and speaking concerning fitness. I think I’ve said most everything I really need to say in the Blogs I’ve written over the last three years, and the materials have all found their way into the hands of others who can continue to use them–to the extent that they might remain valuable for those who are just taking up the craft of transformation fitness athletics. I will continue to Blog on this site, but probably only on this site for the forseeable future. Reality is that I’m just slightly less than three years away from retirement, and until then my full-time job is still my biggest priority time-wise. The good news is that I have job security because of how my appointment works, and the not-so-good news is that those who didn’t have that security have been terminated and their work spread among the remainder of us. So, I have an embarrassment of riches insofar as my job duties and the time necessary to do the job. That’s another good reason to be spending less time Blogging and more time doing what I need to be doing.

So, thanks for the memories, as they say, and for the forseeable future please stop by this site if you want to see what I’m up to and how I’m progressing.

God bless!

• It so nice to have some much of what Mike said.  And this last post is just so beautifully fitting.

10's in exercise and nutrition = 10's in life

• WOW, I just happened to mention BFL to someone in an email, came onto the site (first time in AGES!) & saw the "In Memoriam of Mike Harris" & thought, NOOOOOO WAAYYYY, NOOOOOO!   I'm still saying no, yet everything I'm pulling up confirms it's true.  Wow.  Have I said wow?  Thanks for your posts Jeff-HAPPY PANTS...very much appreciate it.  I'm so sad.  I didn't know, Mike...but knew Mike...like many here...no more words...take care,