i know what to do....but i ain't doing it

• last night i drank an entire bottle of wine. i had eaten clean all day, went to the dentist and was bored so i drank. and then proceeded to eat a bag of cheese curls. and then picked a fight with my boyfriend (via phone) because I had had lots of wine.

I do this every so often with him and he is so great to me. like amazing. i think i am just scared because i have had a bad past relationship.

so i am beginning to see what crossing the abyss entails...because I am still doing bad habits and i know i am not supposed to dwell on slip ups, but i feel like what i do is more than that - it's intentionally sabotaging myself by overeating and intentionally picking fights with my boyfriend...

i am at the end of week 7 and plan on finishing this challenge, but there are still some things i wish i could change...

so i feel like crap today!....and yet i keep doing this. ugh. thanks for reading.

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

• Therese-ISOLATE!! The best weeks of the challenge where you will see changes are about to come! So don't throw your hard work out the window over a bottle of wine and cheese curls! You CHOSE to do that, now you have to CHOOSE what you are going to do about it...Document how you feel today, post it on your fridge...do whatever, but keep moving forward in your challenge, eventually your head will figure it out!!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• thanks, Debbie. you are right. :D

• Yep, Don't give up Therese_anne! Yesterday was yesterday....learn from it and determine in yourself that you will NOT do it again at least for the 5 weeks remaining. Don't even buy another bottle of wine, then it's not in your house waiting for you to drink. Deb is right, it's YOUR choice. But don't let your 7 weeks of hard work and sweat go down the drain. Today's a NEW day so get up and FIGHT to the finish! You can get back on track today and go all the way to the end and if you do, I think you'll be amazed at the results you'll see. You're almost at the point in the program where things REALLY start to happen!! Lost of people cheering for you here.  CAN YOU HEAR IT????!!!!

Mike

• thanks mikek470!

yea, i never buy my own wine...it was my parents' and i asked to drink it...which i shouldn't have because they never say no to me...not an excuse though, i wanted to drink it! and i did! yesterday, so it's done now.

you  know, i think the dehydration from drinking the wine is making my stomach maybe a flatter than yesterday! <-- looking on the bright side...

but from now on, head up! working towards the end......everything in moderation!

i can hear them. thank :)

• Theres_Anne,

I'm the same way with wine, if there is a bottle I will finish it by myself.  My advise is to not drink anymore alcohol until you are done with your challenge.  You have come so far and you are going to finish strong.  Don't beat yourself up over this, you are only human.  

You can do this!!!  You can't change your past but you can learn from it and change your future!!!!!

Rachel

• hey Rachel!

thank you. i think not drinking is a good plan. i need something else to do when i get bored.

• Therese_anne,

Try going on walks.  You can just go on a stoll around the block.  It will make you feel better and it will make you feel healthier.  Drink tea instead or get some sparkling water pour it in a wine glass and add a strawberry or a rasberry.

Good luck!!!

• yea walks would be a good idea....did you drink at that wedding you went to btw?

• I did drink at the wedding!  I planed on having 2 glasses of wine and ended up having 3 plus a beer!  I felt like total doggy do do the next morning!  I try and stay away from alcohol all together just for that reason.  It makes me feel like crap.  

Nothing feels better than being healthy, feeling proud, and sticking with the goals that have been made.

• So, exactly HOW BAD is one drink? I know, it's all carbs, and nothing of value. But I enjoy a having a beer or a glass of wine a couple of times a week. Is that a total killer for BFL? How does it affect the program? Slow progress? More cravings?

and if I DO give in and have a light beer or a glass of wine, can I "reverse" it with cardio or something?

I understand the idea is to avoid it all together, but after a sail, it's so good to enjoy one with the crew. Soft drinks are out too, so I can just drink water, and I do most of the time now, but can you tell me what the "price" is?  (My sailing race days don't always coincide with a free day....)

<whine, whine, whine!>  ;-)

Pat

Exercising, eating right are hard. Being fat, out-of-shape and unhealthy is hard.

Pick your HARD! 

• Hi there! Therese_anne!

Shake it off and keep on going! You can do what ever you decide to do. :0)

I have found that writing down the meals and work outs the day before some how helps me avoid situations where I might not fare so well. Best wishes to you! I am beginning week 6 too.

Stephanie

• thanks for the encouragement, everyone! i essentially took a free day all weekend with the holiday and all too :(

i had lots of bbq's to go to and i just didn't do what i am supposed to and i missed two workouts...my gym had very limited hours yesterday and i just didnt make it to do UBWO - no excuses.

also, i found out on friday that my gym moved. they didnt tell anyone, they just moved 4 miles down the road and changed their hours so they are open even less.

it's disappointing that they did that to the members...they sent us all a letter on friday telling us they were going to do that, but i wonder what happened to the people that showed up at the gym at 5am?? also, the gym was closed all weekend but we were allowed to use some gym like 10 miles away for the weekend.

it's a huge letdown for me, because i could walk to the gym, it was an all women's gym and i knew my way around it and knew the equipment well....and i want to cancel my membership just because they moved without warning us about it. so i am kinda bummed and not sure where i am going to work out today...and my free days really make me think my results are not going to be very good. :( ugh!

• In reality, a free weekend isn't going to undo 7 weeks of hard work.  As others have said, the choice is yours to either continue with the challenge, which you've come so far on - or to let a bad day or two ruin your entire transformation.

That you've made it 7 weeks is all the proof you need to know you can see this through.  The news about your gym sucks - but I'm willing to bet that it's not the first curveball thrown at you this challenge - and it shouldn't be your last.

You got this.

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

• hey ClintL

thanks. I plan on finishing the challenge. and definitely plan on doing another one. this is the first time in a long time i have been committed to anything and it feels pretty good!!

I'll figure out something with the gym.....