Bam! 10th Week cravings

• OK so I've been lucky up til now I suppose.  I've gone 10 1/2 weeks with very little cravings for non-authorized food.   Then all of a sudden it hits me.  Understand this is NOT hunger, I am eating lots of veggies and my clean food.  For some reason though this week my sweet tooth has been turned up to 11.

Rest assured I am not giving in, just posted this to say that just when you thought it was safe, the cravings can hit.

• I started Week 10 today and here I am making brownies for my daughter's birthday and just drooling.  But I won't take a bite - even though my cravings are telling me to.  I'm sure tomorrow our cravings will have passed and we will feel so good for not having caved! :) Almost there!!!!

runninggrl :)

• I take care of my sweet tooth with Casein Shakes at night. Chocolate Casein, ¼ cup of oats, ½ serving of frozen cherries and 8-12oz of water(casein is thick). That helps allot… I look forward to my night time shake.

• A friend of mine gave me the best tip for killing a sweet tooth.....go brush your teeth.  It sounds crazy but it works.

• Yesterday in my office we had a birthday celebration with chocolate cake and two kinds of ice cream!  Oh the pain!  Except actually, I didn't even want any.  I had been looking at my four-week (non)progress pictures and being tough on myself for not doing the challenge 100% -- and that chocolate cake just didn't look good at all.  Okay, maybe it looked a little bit good.  :-)   I have a crazy sweet tooth.  I find that distracting myself with something else that feels good helps a lot -- such as taking a shower if it's late at night and I want dessert, or reading an interesting article online if I'm at work, so that I forget about the sweets I was thinking about... it works most of the time!  

• Congrats to all who are faced with cravings/temptations and have the will and strength to just say no thank you! It is only natural to have cravings for foods that taste so good but are so bad for our bodies, because this is what so many of us have been use to for so long. I think it is absolutely awe inspiring to know others are going through this journey at the same time I am and that we can all succeed in changing our ways of thinking about food and living a healthy lifestyle. Keep it going!

• When I'm craving something sweet, I usually have as my next meal a Zone Strawberry Yogurt Protein Bar. That, or an approved cereal with lowfat milk. One of my favorites has become simple oatmeal with cinnamon and spelnda! :)  Sweet potato with cinnamon and spelnda is good, too!

Any other "approved" sweet foods?

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Congrats to all of you who are "staying strong"!  It's an inspiration because I know this challenge will be tough.  HeatherC - great advice - I will try that next time I feel like digging a spoon into the jar of left over chocolate icing sitting in my fridge!  Have a great day all!

• I am going to try those chocolate cherry casein shakes. YUM!  I also have a Myoplex Lite bar if I'm craving something sweet or I make protein pancakes.  They aren't even that sweet, but the warmth combined with cinnamon does the trick for me.  First thought today, "I didn't have 1 brownie.... GO ME!"  We can do this people and there is nothing but positivity that arises from overcoming challenges.  

runninggrl :)

• Optimum Nutrition (ON) has a good tasting Casein, I been using chocolate supreme….good stuff. I add lots of ice cubes to make it bigger :) I have yet to try the pancakes but I just bought some so thats on my list.

• I LOOOOVE my casein shakes. I usually make it with less water than it calls for and it ends up being thick like pudding!! With a piece of fruit, it's a great authorized sweet. I use the GNC brand chocolate casein. Tastes like chocolate cake batter. The vanilla isn't bad either.

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• Sometimes a great tasting piece of sugarless gum can kill a sweet craving too!! I love the Orbit pina colada flavor.

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN