FINALLY WEIGHED MYSELF

• After 7 weeks since I started back on Body Beast I finally weighed myself.  I am now down to 168.  Was very happy to see that number, but I would have been just as happy if I gained weight since I am suppose to be bulking up...lol.  My strength has increase so much this time around and I am very proud of myself for holding off on weighing myself this long...lol.

We all need to remember that even if you lose, gain or stay where you are, if you are getting stronger that that is a plus too.  With strength, comes muscle which burns fat, and since muscle mass weighes more than fat, you might be balancing it out.

Just something to think about before feeling down about what the scale is telling you. 

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Hey Squid,

My experience is that gaining muscle is a whole lot more challenging than burning off fat, which for me was easy.  After my first challenge (6/09) I was at 163  lbs.  I did two more challenges, but the weight didn't change much, staying in 163 - 167 range.  Then, I decided to try to gain some muscle mass, so in 9/2011 I increased protein a bit, drinking an extra half protein shake every day, and eating slightly more.  

The results didn't really show up until 6 months later, and now I'm at 168 - 171 lbs.  I think the biggest effect was from incorporating  V-quats in my LB routine, with fairly substantial weights, like 270 - 360 lbs.  It's a machine for squats, so it is much safer than trying a free weight (barbell) squat.  I can see more clear definintion around my quads when I wear my workout shorts, confirming it has had an effect.  My waist is just slightly changed, so I don't think it is fat gain, but, one can never be sure without an accurate body fat measurement.  My wife likes my appearance better with the extra weight, but I've decided to do a a period of ultra-clean eating, to see if I can burn off any more fat.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• I think it's cool that your wife likes the Beefy you...lol.  My girlfriend is not too keen on me getting bigger...lol...I don't care, This on is all about me...lmao

Squid

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM