STILL BULKING UP!!

• So Friday was Bulk Shoulders and Abs, awesome sweaty morning for me...lol.  Saturday was Bulk Chest Sunday was my rest day and the day they took son-in-law to airport for his 6mo stay in S. Korea to teach English.  Monday was Bulk Legs and Abs and today was Bulk Back.  Went up on progressive bent over rows by 10lbs each.  I think I can go up another 10 per set.   Awesome results that's for sure!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• How is the Body Beast working for you Squid?  Does it seem to be effective?  I'm debating whether or not I want to do it after this challenge ends in a few weeks.  I believe I read somewhere that you were in the Navy.  If so, when did you serve, and what was your job?  I served from '89 - '95 in Cryptology.  Fun times back in my youth.

• I have been intersted and excited to hear you post about body beast.  I have a friend who is completing it with her husband.  They have both seen fantastic results.  I finish my second BFL challange in 5 weeks and then i am going to do the 13 week body beast program.  I ordered the program on saturday so i cant wait until it gets here.  Are you doing some cardio with the program?

Rachel

• I LOVE IT!!  I have been sitting at 170 now since the begining of the yr when I got it. P90X and Insanity got me down to 154, which was great, but I wanted to bulk up and forgot these were programs designed to lose weight....lol.  Body Beast put back on 20lbs.   I used the BFL program to lean out and still only lost 2 lbs...lol.  It is the best program out there..in MY opinion...everyone is different.  My strength has increased BIG time since my last venture of the BEAST...I am now on Round 3...  You will like it.

I was in from 82 -91 as a Corpsman.  Spent 80% of my Naval Career with Jar Heads...lol  I am a SQRUNT...lol...half squid half grunt.    

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Rachel, it too is only 12 weeks long.  84 days.  i do not know why they sell it as a 90 day program....lol  You have 3 weeks of Build, 6 weeks of Bulk, and 3 weeks of Beast...for the BULKING portion.  For the LEAN version, you have 3 wks of Build, 5wks of Bulk and 4 wks of BEAST with more cardio added in.  Also, for the women that have followed this program..look awesome!! 

• Just like BFL, you have to follow the program the way it is written....exercise and eating...lol..

• squid- I looked into bodybeast about a year ago.  I really liked everything I saw about it, but I don't have all of the stuff they recommend to do the program, and really don't have room to store more stuff.  All I have is a set of Powerblock Dumbbells that go to 90lbs per hand and a bench.  What all are you doing it with?  

• You have more than you need.  They show 3 ppl working out.  1 - Sagi, the trainer and 2 helpers.  The one on the left of the screen does and uses everything that Sagi uses.  ie...pullup bar, EzBar w/plates and dumbbells.  The other guy is the alternative version for people who do not have all the equipment...like me when I first started.  He is on a Stabilty ball, uses bands for pullups, and ONLY uses dumbbells for ALL exercises.  I had some dumbbells, a pullup bar, bands, my Bowflex as a bench, and a stability ball when I was to lazy to pull out the Bowflex.   I just got an EzBar and some plates 5wks ago.  I have more than enough room for my crap though...lol.  You have plenty to work with if you have upto 90lbs and a bench!!  :D

• Tuesday evening my girlfriend and I did Bob Harper's Core Challenge...nice 50min of kick my butt...lol.  Wed is one of my days off of work, so that is why I can not post then.  I did Bulk Arms.  One of my favorite workouts from this set.  Went up10lbs in weight on the forced EzBar Curls.  Which is 5 sets of 5, but not putting the weight down.  You do a set then hold it for 5-15 sec in the start position, then do another set...5 times like this.  I was having problems with 30lbs last week, but I did 40lbs for 4 complete sets before I needed a rest, I just couldn't hold it anymore...lol...then did last set...whew!! This morning was Bulk Shoulders...another great workout!!    

• Thursday was Bulk Shoulders.  I upped the weight on the upright rows by 5lbs each set.  With weak shoulders...it felt good to pull that up.  Went on an 8 mile bike ride in the humid but windy evening.  Was the 3rd time riding a bike in my adulthood...lol.  Woke up walking funny...lol...and it was Bulk Chest time.  Did not increase any weight cause I hit my levels of difficulty just right...lol.  Saturday morning was to be Bulk Legs, but I was still walking funny...lol..should have done light weights to stretch them out, but we went washer dryer hunting...lol.  Sunday was rest day and College Highlights on the Big Ten Network...woo hoo U of M...lol.  Today was Bulk Back again. Had to lower the weight in some areas cause I hurt myself installing the washer and dryer by myself!!  But increased my pullups by 2 per set...so that was cool.  Not a fan of pullups either..lmao.

Happy Monday folks...keep on pushing and gaining!!

• Last night my girlfriend wanted to do a workout with resistence so she picked out(of our big workout library) Power 90, pre P90X (found for $5 on ebay) Sculpt 1&2. 1st time for the both of us.  So was fun and I kept it light cause I just did back and have Bulk arms the next day...lol.  Worked up a great sweat with that.  Tony works the whole body in 3 stages.  Example:

Stretch

1st stage starts with standard push ups(chest), then heavy pants(back)with dumbbells, dumbbell shoulder press, standard dumbbell curls, 1arm dumbbell tricep overhead ext., lunges.  Do all of them for 8 - 15 reps.

Stretch

2nd stage starts with wide push ups, bent over bent elbow side raises, swimmers press, wide curls, tricep kick backs, lunge squat 3times lunge. Again 8-15 reps

Break

Stretch

3rd stage stars with wide push ups(7), closegrip push ups(7), standard push ups(7), 1 arm lawnmower row, lateral raises, 21's -  curl up half way for 7, bring to the top of the curl, and curl down half way for 7 and normal curls for 7, tricep dips for 8-15, normal squats, a bit wider squats and wide squats.  

Stretch

It was fun and we both enjoyed it..so I think for her, it's a keeper...lol

Today was Bulk Arms.  This was the best I have done on this workout since I got the set a yr ago...lol.  I went up another  5lbs on force set of EzBar wide grip curls, and 5lbs on every set of Skull crushers.  I was going to try and up my weights on progressive sets of hammer curls and kick backs, but my arms were screaming at me to stop...lol.  So I stayed at the same weights I did last week.  Monday, I am going up in the world...lol.  screw those little muscles...lmao

Happy Tuesday peeps!!

• Read your last shoulders post, about waking up after bike riding, and laughed.  Sounded like you woke up after being with Jarheads too long. :)  BTW, the only people who are fans of pull-ups are those skinny people who can do like 25 of them, and parents of 2 year olds. :)

• LOL...that is soooooo true.  For the life of me, I can not get them all in without somekind of CHEAT!!  You would think after P90X and the Body Beast, I could get more than what I am doing...lmao I am up to 15 without cheating...17-20 with.  My up by 2 was from 13 - 15 without cheating...I never count the cheats, but they are helping me get closer to 20... :D

• Here is where I am at so far:

• I was trying to post a pic yesterday...I will figure it out one day....lol.

Today was Bulk Shoulders and Abs.  I upped my progressive upright rows by 5lbs per set.  Might want to stay there for a cpl weeks....lol.  The 8 set felt heavy...that is a good thing right?...lol.

Have a great Wednesday!!!