Increasing workouts from 3 to 4 a week

• I'm currently in week 6 in BFL and I was looking at this article http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/TPBodyforLife.html. Some of the past champions mentioned that they were lifting 4 times a week. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to increase my weight workouts for 3 to 4 times a week. So I would be doing upper body Tuesday and Saturday and lower body Thursday and Sunday along with cardio the other three days. Also when I workout I try to high 10s at the end of the last two sets (I also got this from the article). For example on my fifth set on chest press I hit a 10 and then go directly to inclined chest press and hit a 10 during that exercise. I am really going high intensity on my workouts.  The only thing I'm worried about is the period between some of my workouts. Do you think 72 hours is enough time to recovery and still build significant muscle in the next workout . By the way I am almost 19 years old and I weight 170 and I have about 15 pounds of fat. My muscles are somewhat developed but my goal for this challenge was to lose those 15 pounds and gain more muscle and have more definition. My diet is excellent and the only supplement I take is whey protein directly after a workout. 

Thanks

Best of luck to all 

•   At age 46, I went through 4 weeks of the BFL program. I gave it 100% everyday whether I was doing cadio or in the gym. After 4 weeks I was having the most amazing results. My legs were getting defined, my upper body was shaping like a "V" and I was starting to show 6-pac abs. I was seeing great results and I wanted more. I made the biggest mistake of the program. I gave it 110%. I started hitting the gym more than the program required. On week 4 I blew out my shoulder and tore my rotator cuff on a bench press. That was last August. I haven't been back to the gym or doing cardio since. I am going to start again on Monday. I'll have to do light shoulder lifting for some time to strengthen my rotator cuff. I have to stay away from the bench press and use lighter dumbells until my shoulders get stronger. Bottom line, stick to the program exactly as it says. Getting that little edge is not worth an injury. My 4 week results are in my file.  

• Remember, one day a week of rest is really imperative for growth and repair!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I agree.  You would need to do a cardio session the same day as one of your weight workouts so you have one day of absolute rest.  You're pretty young at 19 years old.  You growth hormones and testosterone should be at peak levels right about now, so I don't really see a problem of training each body part twice a week.  At your age I used to hit them all three times a week.  I'm 33 now and recovery is quite a bit slower.  However, if the body part still feels sore when it's time to hit it again don't do it.  If it's still sore it is still repairing so let it rest.  Another thing to remember is that most pro bodybuilders only hit body parts once a week, but they work the muscle a lot more in depth than we do. So that is another route you could take.