changing exercises for each muscle group

• I've been following the program on and off for a while.  My question is how often are you suppose to change the exercises in your routine for each muscle group??

Thanks,  Jeff

• If you are consistent with the program ( not off & on)..then changing things up every 3-4 weeks is a good idea.  Get on the wagon and stay; it may not be a fun ride the entire time, but definately one that will get you where you are going if you stay consistent with the program.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thanks,  about 3-4 years ago i followed the eating plan without exercising and dropped 30 pounds.  Eventually gained it back and more.   so a couple of years ago i started eating better and dropped some weight then decided to hire a personal trainer and he changed my diet some.   DIdn't work out for me to good because his changes caused me to eat too much.   Gained that weight back and now i want to  try this program with the exercising.   Hopefully i can get more motivation and stay commited, lol                                            Jeff

• BDMoms recommended frequency is a good guideline.  But realize that some muscle groups have more options for changing the excercises than others.  You may want to consider using free weights for 3 -4 weeks, and then machines for 3 - 4 weeks.  I like to use dumbbells for the chest excercises, but there are really only two excercises possible, the press and the fly.  I got around this by changing the angle of the bench - flat, incline, or even decline.  The incline bench works the upper chest more, and the decline bench the lower pecs more.

Hope this helps.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• I received an email from BFL on week 5 saying it was time to switch it up.