67 AND MAKING SURE ABOUT THE WORKOUTS

• Just a quick question. Once I've done all the reps for each muscle group, I repeat the whole series 4 more times?

• HI Clem2win - no...that's what I was doing.  Here is a reply I got from one of the BLF buys.

"Hey Sharon- Let's walk thru this...

The program is divided into Upper body and Lower body exercising days, with a cardio day in between. Let's say it's Upper body day- you will be working out the major muscle groups (chest, shoulders, back)first, then the smaller ones(triceps and biceps). This is mostly because you will be working the smaller groups even as you do the bigger groups, too.

For the first exercise,do 1 set of 12 reps with a weight you can easily handle,rest 1 minute, then increase the weight and do 1 set of 10 reps,rest, then increase weight and do 1 set of 8 reps,rest, more weight ( and this should be the one that you can just barely do) and 1 set of 6 reps, rest, then LOWER the weight one notch and do 1 set of 12 reps. Immediately do a different exercise for that same muscle group 1 set, 12 reps.

Here's an example from my w/o:

for chest- laying on my back, I do chest press 12 reps at 30 lbs...rest

10 reps at 35lbs... rest

8  reps at 40 lbs ...rest

6 reps at 45 lbs....rest

12 reps at 40 lbs and then

right into doing flyes- 12 reps at 30 lbs....rest 2 minutes and head into next exercise, which for me is shoulders.

This way you "teach" the muscle to handle a progressively heavier weight, which helps it get bigger and stronger. It always amazes me how "light" the 40 lbs weight is when I do it the second time! Our bodies can do so much more than our minds think we can!

I hope this helps...Best to you

Sharon