What kind of creatine are you using?

• EAS no longer sells their products in Canada so I can no longer purchse the supplements I have come to rely upon. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experinces with other brands of Creatine. Right now I am using Gaspari Pre-contest Size On. It is an intra-work out drink but I have just started with it and am not sure yet.

Thanks!

• Hi Orrin,

I am also struggling with this, even though EAS is sold in the U.S.   They have discontinued my favorite creatine products, Phophagen and Phosphagen HP.  I switched to Body Fortress Creatine, a fruit flavored punch.  I should be taking two servings daily, but usually only remember to take one.  I would prefer a creatine-only product, not one combined with other supplements, as this is what my doctor has OK'd.

BTW, thanks for the lead on the AS Body Building text.  Mine arrived a week ago, and at 800 pages it is going to take a while to digest it!

Yours in BFL,

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Thanks Jacium.

I hope you enjoy the book. I think it is well worth the read. Plus you actaully get an arm workout just holding it :)

Have a great day!

Orrin

• Orrin,

For Sure!

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• just use a monohydrate. although i never found any difference when i used creatine. if you want something that really works, use what bill phillips used to recommend back in the muscle media days, deca.

• yea isnt betagen supposed to be as effective deca ? :-)

• fightingfit: I can no longer buy EAS products. EAS has pulled out of Canada.

Charlie: Is deca something you use?

• lol...orrin it was more of a joke, but it is true, deca does work. deca-durabolin is an anabolic steroid. good ole' arnold's choice back in the day.

• Charlie: I thought you were joking but had never heard of deca before. I looked it up and then realized you were saying it tongue in cheek. You don't use creatine? I know you are not a big supplement supporter and I get that. There is a lot of BS out there. But there is a lot of good too. It  is hard to sort out so I am always interested in other people's experiences.

• I've used monohydrate, betagen, phosphagen hp, phosphagen elite, kre-alkalyn and never noticed a difference with my lifts.

I view things like whey a food and not a supplement and in my honest opinions the "supplements" that really work are anabolics. There is no question that they work.

I've never been a fan of these workout drinks, but if i had to reccommend anything i would say give the scivation xtend a shot. tastes pretty good and its a bcaa blend to sip through your workout.

• A really good creatine that works for me is called Con-Cret concentrated creatine

www.vitaglo.com/concret70000.html

• I have been taking the GNC Amp 189 for about a month now. I don't know if it does anything or not. I do feel that I have more strength for that extra rep or even see myself going up slightly in how much I lift. Maybe I'm getting stronger simply because I keep lifting and maybe the creatine is helping. I am on week 12 now and am going to take a week or so off. I will also stop taking the creatine while i'm off and see how I feel when I start back. When the GNC runs out I will probably try mono because I have heard good things and GNC is kind of pricey.

• Thanks for the input cleet68 and sparky321.

• I also take the con-cret. It seemed to help me some during my last challenge. I seemed to have better results through my challenge. No real bloating or water retention like with monohydrate. I took it with vitargo which supposedly helps aid in absorption. Good luck