Vibrams?

• Does anyone use vibrams?  As I prepare to end this BFL contest, I'm planning the start of my triathlon training.  I'd like to focus on natural movement and fundamental strength.  Basically, I don't care about being a runner.  I care about being incredibly fit.  Will Vibrams help me better achieve that goal?

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Hey Jessica:

I did extensive research on these awhile back, and even talked to an employee at a local running store, who mentioned many stories of stress fractures, etc..from wearing them (for outside running).  I got a lot of heel pain when running, and decided to get a pair of the vibrams only for running indoors on my treadmill at home.  I really do like them and my heel pain is much better.  I have shoes that I was fitted for at the running store that I use for my outdoor running, and they work well too.  I wouldn't use them as my only source of running shoe, but think they are a nice addition.  As far as triathlon training..I have no idea since I am nowhere near doing anything that bold (ha)....but they are a little difficult to get on/off, and that may slow you down a bit.  Just my two cents....

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Great feedback.  Thank you.  I hadn't even considered the time it would take to change them.  Maybe I'll try them for some training, but do like you and switch it up.  Thanks

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!