Abs ...

• What are your favorite exercises for your abs??  I need some new killer ideas!!  Thanks ... Oh and how often do you do abs??  I was doing them strictly by the book but I am thinking of doing them on every weight training day!!

Thanks ;-)

• Hi fitmama:

I do abs on Tues, Thurs & Sat, after my cardio.  Everything is nice & warmed up by then....

I do a lot of different things.  I have videos that I do at home.  At the gym, I like to do the hanging leg raises with a 8# weighted ball.  I like doing v-ups, crunches, reverse crunches, ball crunches, cable rope crunches, leg lifts, scissors.  I do the plank face down and on both sides, and hold for a minute, after every workout.  I get a lot of fitness mags & pull from those, as well as my video tapes.  

Best of luck to you.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• My wife just bought a Bender ball and tried that out last Friday. Holy smokes I'm still burning two days later!! It's a nice piece equipment for a home gym since it's so small and if you do already go to a gym it's something you could easily bring along.

• Belief it or not one of the best exercises for ab development is not even an ab exercise- Barbell Squats

• Remember that abs are made in the kitchen.  A woman would not show abs typically under her body fat is at most 18% and typically more towards 15%.  Certainly those exercises need to be done like the others, but if you want awesome abs then have an impeccable eating plan. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• @ Jessica ... I do have a great eating plan thanks!!  I was looking for more ideas for actual abs exercises as I am bored with the basics and feel I need more of a challenge!!  ;-)

• Then your best bet on that is the ABSolution by Shawn Phillips (brother of Bill).

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I downloaded these ab exercises from Belinda Benn (fitness model). It is free and some of the exercises were new to me.  It is good for a change every once in awhile.  If I could get abs half as nice as her, I would be happy.

www.breakthroughphysique.com

C

determination.hope.power

• Thanks everyone!!  I will check out the sources mentioned!!  I tried a couple new moves the other day ... side planks and the "jackknifeā€¯ Ouch the jackknife was killer!!  ;-)