Confused again

• Official Body-for-LIFE Weight-Training Plan

• Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.

Does this mean I choose TWO different exercises for each major muscle group doing 5 sets each?  Or do I choose one exercise doing 5 sets and then immediately switch?  Example"  Chest exercises I will do 5 sets of dumbbell incline press and then switch to 5 sets of dumbbell flies? Then rest 2 min and go to my next muscle group, for example, back or shoulders? 

Also, am I supposed to do two exercises for each major muscle group of the lower body too???

• Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.

Can someone give me an example of their workout plan???  Gotta get this down over the weekend and appreciate your help understanding this more.

• This link will outline all your workouts. bodyforlife.com/.../exercise_guide.pdf  

•Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body.

•Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.

•Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.

•For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final twsets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group, complete this pattern five times for the upper body training experience and four times for the lower body training experience.

(this information came directly from the B.F.L. websight)

• Hi,

To make it simple: for lower body workout and upper body workout, do all your reps using the same machine EXCEPT when you come to the very last set (described in the Book as level 10). When you come to that set jump to another machine and do a different exercise for that same muscle group. No rest between level ten (that different machine) and the one before it. The trick will be to plan ahead if you workout in a gym for you to find a free machine.

Here is an example:

For my quads:

I do 12 reps with 40 kilos (level 5) on Leg Press Machine

1 minute rest

I do 10 reps with 70 kilos (level 6) on Leg Press Machine

1 minute rest

I do 8 reps with 90 kilos (level 7) on Leg Press Machine

1 minute rest

I do 6 reps with 110 kilos (level 8) on Leg Press Machine

1 minute rest

Now level 9 - Decrease the weight to create a flush-out (post exhaust) effect but increase the reps back to 12 - Same Machine:

I do 12 reps with 40 kilos on Leg Press Machine  

No rest Jump to another machine decrease weight even further and do 12 more  

I do 12 more reps with 25 kilos on Leg CURL machine.

Exercise over, take 2 minutes, move to next muscle group.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Avoid machines if possible.  Free weights help to work other stabilizing muscles.