The gym-not sore in week 3 1/2

• Hello All

New to the forum, so thanks in advance for the advice.  I was super sore in the first week and a half, I noticed I wasn't as sore after that, I increased my weight (at my HP I can barley get past rep4) and still don't the soreness I had, I am not a weight trainer and am doing the program from home so don't have access to a trainer, my workout do last 45-50 minutes and I believe I am doing the exercise correctly.   I plan on changing things up after weeks 4 but don;t want to lose a week and half until then...should I be sore still???  Help to you weight trainers!!

• If you change the exercises you do every four weeks you should feel some pain but pain is not an indicator of success.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Are you taking creatine or anything like that?

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I am taking CLA and drinking a Myoplex Lite or Whey Protein drink  witin 30 mintues of weight lifting, I am trying to burn fat and tone for the most part....  

• I think you are exactly right where you need to be.  Switch up your exercises and push harder than you think you can, even if it means asking for a spot.  You're doing all the right things.  I'm sure your nutrition is playing a role in the lack of soreness too as it should be.  Nice job!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Your body is adapting to the stress level you are exposing it to. Do not worry as much about soreness as seeing improvements. Keeping a workout log is the only real way in my opinion to see if you are hitting a plateau or not gaining as you had hoped. You should use the same routine long enough to gain something from it but not too long. I usually change my workouts up evry 8-9 weeks. Needing to get sore every time is the oldest myth out there. If  you change your workout, you will be sore because you are working the muscles in a different way. My history is that I am usually sore for the first couple of weeks then it pretty much goes away. As long as I am progressing in my journal and getting stronger, I know things are going good.

• Thank you everyone for the input, I now feel better that I am on the right track!