Starting my 1st challenge on Sunday 7/11/10.....anyone else?

• Hi Becky!  And all of the nursing moms out there!  Way to go!  We just want to make sure that you consult with your doctors if interested in doing the program while nursing.  

This is what we recommend:

The BFL program is intended for healthy adults, age 18 and over. Please

consult a medical or healthcare professional before you begin any new

exercise or nutrition program of if you have any questions about your

health or have any preexisting health condition or are pregnant.

Seek the advice of a healthcare professional or a certified fitness training

regarding a program to fit your needs, including target heart rate.

We don't mean to sound canned, but we want to make sure your journey through the Body-for-LIFE program is heathy and successful!

Good luck!

Chris

from the Body-for-LIFE Team

• Hey Gang!

I am still here and motivated. I  have been sent on a working vacation for 2 weeks which has proved to be quite challenging, but I really planned it all out and have still been doing well. I have lost 14lbs now and have dropped my body fat % a lot! I can't wait to get home where it is so much easier because I can cook my own meal, and not fight the altitude along with my workouts!

Keep up the great work everyone!

~Amber

• Hey everyone!  Just wondering who is still around.  I haven't posted lately because I have a lot going on but I am still in there.  On Week 7....yeahhhh!  Had a great workout tonight.  Trying to keep my spirits up right now as I found out last week that my 25 year old daughter has two masses on her ovaries one on the right and one on the left and the doctor does not know what they are.  She is going in on Tuesday for an outpatient surgery for the doctor to look at the masses and see what they are and possibly remove or biopsy them depending on what she finds.  Praying for good results.

Karen

• I'm still around too.  I've tightened my belt three holes as of today.  Also seeing a lot more muscle.  

Sorry to hear about that Karen.  Having been through something similar with my wife recently I can relate.  I'll keep you in my prayers and hope it all works out.

I've found working out helps me give my mind a break from stress and worries so this program has helped me in yet another way.

• Week 7 has been the worst week so far but it will get better.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Thanks Brian I really appreciate that.  Hope everything is good with your wife also.  I too found that working out helps my stress level.

Karen

• Sorry your having a bad week BryanL and your right it will get better.  Hang in there!

Karen

• This has been a hard week.  I almost didn't workout yesterday, but finally made it happen last night around 10:30pm and am glad I did.  It made me feel a lot better.  

Things are looking better now for my wife finally.  Unfortunately she can't finish the challenge because of a likely surgery, but I'm picking up the slack for her until she is able to re-start the challenge.  She's going to do it with me when I go for a second challenge after this one.  

Another thing that helps my stress go away is the speedbag I picked up for some of my aerobic days.  It takes all the concentration I have while I'm doing it.  Not sure if anyone else has tried this.

• Good Job Brian428! Its awesome that even though it got so late you still made yourself get that workout in! i have been in that boat a few times but am proud to say I have yet to miss one workout in this challenge! Tell your wife our thoughts are with her.

I am going to do the challenge for a second time as well!  This has been my hardest week. I had some awesome workouts...but I really cheated on a lot of my meals. I have been super hungry this week, and not for good things! LOL

I decided a few weeks ago that I am going to continue with the challenge a second time. I have plans to be in a triathalon next year. The results I have already gotten from this challenge have proved to me that this is the best way to get completely fit. So I can keep in contact with you and your wife and we can support each other through our next challenge!

Keep up the great work everyone! How is everyone else doing this week? Let us know if you are doing awesome so we can cheer you on......or if you are having a rough week and need some encouraging words!

• For some reason I thought this is week 8 but its really week 7. I guess I got ahead of myself.

Day 44. 40 days left!

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

• Things are getting difficult.  I messed up my knees loading cement a few days back.  I've got a doctor visit tomorrow to see what's up.  I've managed to keep up the challenge as I just finished my upper body and hit some serious 10's tonight, however my last lower body was short as I could only do the exercises that didn't involve knee movement.  I won't know how this will ultimately effect the challenge until tomorrow, but it has unlocked a new level of determination for me.  

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

• I took new pictures last night. What the pictures showed told a different story than what the scale is saying.

bodyforlife.com/.../26448.aspx

• Ok so I rechecked my log and today is Week 9 Day 2....

Am I wrong?

• Anybody left?

Only 3 weeks and 4 days left!

Bryan

• Hey Bryan!

I am SOOOO proud of you!!!  Good job on getting so far!!

I, unfortunately, had to quit after week 4 .. maybe it was week 5 ..due to a bulging disc.  I had done my run that morning, and while taking care of my kids (ages 5, 3, and 9 months) DROPPED to the floor in agony ... SOOO now I'm on to physical therapy to get my core in better shape ... it was a "fun" couple of weeks of X-rays, MRIs and my husband helping me to the bathroom!!!  

I have finished this program in the past, and I can honestly say that I LOVED how I felt the whole time!!!  I want to encourage you to KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!  I will be back when I've recovered .. you have inspired me to FINISH!!

I'll be getting emails regarding everyone's progress .. so please keep me posted!!

GO!!!!  

Becky