Starting my 1st challenge on Sunday 7/11/10.....anyone else?

• Hey Team!  

Sooo ... had a REALLY hard few days with eating ... how is eating stuff going for everyone?  I need to  QUIT using the breastfeeding excuse, and eat HEALTHY!!  Right now I"m having an egg white omelette loaded with veggies .. yay for me .. but I gotta be honest, the food part is gettin' me down .. bring on the encouragement!!

workouts, however, have been going really well ... I'm definitely hitting 10s on the cardio part .. on weights I get 10s on certain excercises .. 9s on others .. I have a hard time hitting 10 on quads .. any suggestions?  

ANYWAYS .. C2W3D1 .. GOOOO TEAM!

• Morning all, just checking in.  glad to see you doing so well with the workouts, the diet is hard, I am starting to feel like a chicken as I gave up red meat a few months back. I think I will start clucking soon. anyway just got back from the gym, did a great UBW. I actually rededicated myself to doing a good job with the challenge, and started over. I was doing either the diet or the exercise or writing in my log, but not all 3 consistently. and as one of my goals is to keep my commitments to myself and others, I need to do what I say I am going to do. I hope yall don't kick me out for starting over!

• It's kind of hard the first time to get all three aspects covered 100%. I've comitted this time to crossing the abyss since the log and mental part was what I lacked in the first time around.I'm keeping up with the journal and trying very hard toimprove my future thinking. It's only W2D1 for me for this challenge so the workouts are going pretty good but shooting for 10's this week. Just don't want any injuries to set me back. My eating is not 100% clean but hoping to improve each week. I had a 7 tortilla chips in place of complex carbs one day. I think starting over shows your level of commitment just went up. Good luck

• I started on July 11th, Just now getting around to the forum.  It's been hard since I've been working some long hours at a very physically demanding job.  Just worked on a black roof all day and it hit 98 degrees.  I did however just finish my upper body workout anyway and I've got seven hours for sleep before I need to be back on the roof for a crane tomorrow.  I must say the protein shakes have kept the soreness under control btw.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and I'll have to get my wife to post up here too since she started it with me on the 11th.

• Okay y'all ... who's still here?  

• Becky,

I am still here. it has been spotty but I just need to get a few days under my belt where I do everything "right" to get some momentum. have not given up despite little progress. I only have 8 lbs to lose, but I need to get back in shape, so I guess my weight loss will be slower as I hope to replace my fat with muscle. I rededicated myself this week to doing better and so far so good.

• Hey Becky,

I am also still hanging in and have no plans of quitting.  Have stuck to my workouts only missing a couple of cardio days, but I am committing to not missing another.  I am like you killarney I don't have a lot of weight to lose but need to replace my fat with muscle.  My eating has been good and staying on track.  I am very motivated and look forward to the end results.  

Anxious for my free day and my weekly weigh in and pictures on Saturday.

Karen

• YAY!  I'm glad there's still some buddies!!  I had a rough week last week, but got on the scale yesterday and I've lost 10 lbs!!!  what???  (I have to confess that my first weight was on a Sunday night after bingeing like a crazy person .. so I'm sure the first 5 are "fluff" .. ya know?)  but who cares???  10 lbs!!  

Countrygirl - I've missed a few cardio days .. and I end up doubling up on weight training days .. I know that technically you're not supposed to do that .. but it really makes my heart rate stay up while I'm lifting!  oww!

Today is a cardio day for me .. I KILLED it .. I was DYING, and my 10 was actually slower than I'm able to go, but I couldn't do more today .. I got my BUTT KICKED!!  So glad it's only 20 minutes!!  :)  

Killarney & Country -  on my first challenge, my gym buddy was not overweight either .. she got RIPPED .. so fun to watch our bodies transform .. I lost 30 lbs .. she got FIT and MUSCULAR .. and then we both got pregnant!!  ha ha!!  So now we're back where we started .. I have 20 more pounds to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight, and then I'd like to lose about 10-15 more after that .. we'll see how it goes ..

Well thanks for hangin' in the program!  I'm sure we're not the only ones .. but let's KEEP IT GOING!!  

B

• Hi all,

My hubby finally got me to post on here, I started July 11th, and in two weeks I have lost a total of 14 inches! I am feeling great, this program is so easy to follow and lots of fun! I am glad to see I will have buddies with me on this journey of gaining a body for life! Keep up the good work everyone one, and remember; " A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Confucius. Just keep making that single step everyday, and soon we will be celebrating our success!

Angie

Your today shapes your tomorrow!

• Hello all,

I have not posted here much. I am on Week 3 day 3 since I took my before pictures.

Becky, did you have a portion of carbs with your egg white omlette and veggies?

Countrygirl & Killarney, I too am close to my goal weight but feel so far from the physical shape I want to achieve.

Welcome to the forum afleece

Bryan

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Hi again everyone .. one more day 'til FREE DAY!!  yay!!  

Bryan .. I usually have either a piece of whole wheat toast, or some kind of fruit w/ my omelette!  Thanks for checkin'!  :)

Angie - welcome!!  It's so great to have buddies to do this with!!  I can't believe that we're almost done w/ week THREE .. woo hoo!!

I have to admit, I REALLY want to see another -2 lbs on the scale on Sunday morning ... if I don't see it, I may be kinda sad .. soo ridiculous!!  If it were one of you saying that, I'd encourage you like crazy!!  So different when it's me.  

Anyways .. hit a "10" big time this morning on my run .. got up to 8 for speed, that's a personal best for this challenge .. can't wait to watch the improvement in the next few weeks.  

Happy Friday everyone!

Becky

• Hi ya everyone!

TGIF !!!

Thank you Bryan and Becky for the welcome, and Hi Brian428 my sexy man who motivates me everyday to get up and do this program! So that was a great week, I really am feeling more energy. Though it is a little frustrating to not see it showing on the scale, I can see it in my measurements :)! I am starting to look at myself in the mirror, which I usually avoid at all cost. I am starting to see the beautiful woman under all my fat. My hubby Brian tells me I need to be happy with me now or it won't make a difference when I lose the weight. So I am trying to find the beauty in who I am now so I can see it in 12wks! Hope you all have a great upper body day and cardio tomorrow. And enjoy your free day, we all deserve it, good job everyone!

"If the path you are walking isn't hard, then it isn't the right path!" -My Dad

Your today shapes your tomorrow!

• All I have to say is:  "FREE DAY!!!!!!"

WOOO HOOO!!!  

Oh, and I'm down another pound!!  yaaay for weight loss!!!  

• WEEK 4, time for progress pictures and measurements this week.

As of week 3 I am down 3.4 lbs.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Hello all!

Back from vacation and I have to say that I did great with exercise but not so hot on the eating.  Something about watching the sunset with a glass of water is just not as appealing as an ice cold beer :)  Anyway, I'm right back on track this week with no more excuses, just got back from LBW and feeling good!  I was wondering if I could add a few sets to the exercises??  I added hib adduction and abduction and another kind of squat focusing on the inner thigh.  Is this too much?  

I can tell this is working because at my Zumba class I could feel myself bouncing instead of just trodding along!  I'm building muscle!!  Although I see and feel a difference I'm not seeing much progress on the scale but I think that starts plummetng around week 6!  HOpe everyones having a great week and keep checking in!!!