Stress Fracture-but KEEPIN' ON!!!

• Hello All~
    Well, after going on five years of living this lifestyle, I am FORCED to rethink and be creative about how I am going to work out. After walking 40 miles in 18 hours for Relay for Life last weekend, I am now in a boot/splint due to a stress fracture on the top of my foot. (Didn't hurt while I was walking, but now-OUCH!)

If I've learned one thing is that you never have to throw in the towel....there is ALWAYS something you can do to keep moving forward, and honor self-promises...and of course, we ALWAYS have a choice about what we put in our mouth.

So, here's my plan:

Eat clean-no matter what-stay true to eating clean.

For Cardio-I'm in the pool with a flotation buoy between my legs so I don't kick-it's hard to swim and reach your max heart rate, but it can be done. This cardio is the only option I have right now-so that's what it will be. 

I may not be able to do much of a lower body workout, but I can still give my all to my upper body and core-so that's what I'll do. 

Bottom line-I will not let this hold me back or cause me to quit-no way. I'll continue to move forward, and live out my Body for LIFE lifestyle. 

All the Best in as you pursue your Body for LIFE! 

Amy

~To be great is not to be higher than another, but to lift another higher. 

• ~To be great is not to be higher than another, but to lift another higher. 

• good plan Amy!

• Amy what an awesome attitude!!  What a great example to those who think it's tough just getting in a normal workout!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory