Confused about ab workout

• Hey peeps

Just wanted to clarify something about the ab part of my workout. So i download the excerise log from the website which lists all the excercise options for each muscle group with space for you to right which you chose and the weights you used for your 12, 10, 8, 6 and 12 reps which is all good and makes sense. What confuses me is that it does the same thing for abs, now am I supposed to be using a weight plate when doing crunches for example and increasing the weight on each set or should i just be doing them without weight but for the number of reps stated?!!

Thanks in advance

Sian

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• Sian: yes you are. :)

Here's an easy way to increase the regular crunch - hold a 3# weight above your chest or behind your neck and crunch. Increase weights as you decrease reps.

Also, you can put weights under your knees and cross bent knees side to side and increase weights that way to get a great oblique workout.

There is a thread somewhere on here about abs - check it out. Have fun!

• Don't laugh....I have smaller flat weights like for using while walking.  I'll them in my sports bra to add weight for doing abs.  Sometimes you have to get creative! :)

• Thanks ladies just wanted to check

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• I first started doing different types of crunches, noticing that some were harder than others, then used weight on my chest. I was still not hitting 10 so I now do sit-ups and find it to work best for me. Even without weight, it really works my abs.

--- Kitty