does anyone do yoga too?

• I know you're not supposed to tweak the program at all!  But I miss yoga :-(  Does anyone work yoga into their challenge at all?  I can't help but feel that it would be beneficial to put it in maybe 1x /week to get some stretching into my tight muscles.  Maybe on a free day?  

• Girl I do all kinds of "extra" stuff. I think it's perfectly fine as long as you don't burn yourself out. I say, go for it! I'm on week nine and I've added all kinds of cardio, circuit training, and yoga here and there.

Just my two cents...

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• I dont think adding a ton of extra's is reccomended for the program, but I as well was wondering about Yoga. It is a good workout, but  I would love to add it to two of my cardio days a week to improve my flexability. I havent been able to find a stretching reccomendation in the Body for Life book.. or blogs

• I do yoga on my free days.  I usually always do dome kind of low intesity excersize on my free days.  I will go on a long walk or a nice easy bike ride.  I think it's fine as long as it's not very intense.  It's very important to let your body rest.  If you do too much your just asking for trouble.  With out rest you dramatically increase the risk of getting injured.  Use your free day to relax and reflect on your progress.

Rachel

• I do extra stuff like long walks at a swift pace.  Light jogging after Upper Body workout.

Yoga should be fine.  Some strength poses might inhibit your muscle repair though so pay attention to how your regular weight training goes.

• I teach dance - 5 classes a week.  I consider that a regular weekly activity since I've been doing it for a long time, so I really can't avoid the "extra" stuff.  Hopefully that would not be considered "tweaking the program", cuz if so I'm in trouble.  It's unavoidable in my case.

Gypsy

• I think that all in all, the program is designed for you. Not everyone will do it exactly the same. For me, I need the extras, because if I didn't do extra yoga and walks w/ the kids and pets, etc., then the program would not work as well for me.

I don't live my life around the program, the program "works into" mine. Just my opinion.

-Katiebug

• I was glad to find this post. I'm just starting the BFL program and I am enrolled in a yoga class on Tuesdays at my workplace. It's a 50 minute class and a great workout so I'd hate to give it up but was wondering how I should fit it into the plan.

• I love yoga.  I do hot yoga sometimes as my cardio.  Usually on Saturdays and at least once during the week.  Its 90 minutes long and works my entire body.  I dont know if this is approved or not, but it feels so good and i know that i am definitely sore after.

Namaste!

Natalie

• Yoga doesn't constitute as a cardio or a weight training session, bc it doesn't build muscle or get heart rate up high enough to burn fat.

It is a great help for slimming, reviving and toning, though.

Just my 2 cents.

-Katiebug

• yeah I agree this falls under "normal activity".  My only normal activity is belly dancing which I'm not giving up just doing a few times a week as my "normal activity"

• I just started doing yoga again this week after just doing BFL for the last 9 weeks and could not believe how tight my muscles had gotten!!! I really think that yoga will be a great addition back into my week to get my flexibility back. It's a nice "non BFL" workout for my free days.

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• I don't think there is anything wrong with tweaking the program to work for you and your schedule as long as the basic principles are kept. I do yoga once a week on Sundays and its actually sort of my relaxation time. Its not as challenging as the weight training and cardio so its my chance to focus on breathing and stretching/relaxing my muscles. Go for it...it won't hurt....it can only HELP!