Late night workouts?

• How long is good to wait after a workout to go to sleep?  I get some of my best workouts in at night after my husband goes to bed since I normally stay up a little later than he does.  I know it's best to do the workouts in the mornings, due to metabolism  and fat burning, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on working out right before bedtime.  I have always (even before I started BFL) been able to get a good workout in, come home, shower, relax for a half hour or so and then crash for a great full night sleep.  Any thoughts on metabolism effects of this?  Metabolism naturally slows at night, but how does that work when getting a good workout in right before hand....still have the calorie burn?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jo

• I have no idea, but will say that plenty of folks do workouts at night without problems. If it is what works for you, keep it up.

--- Kitty

• I am totally pumped after work out, so sleep is out of the question - for me, for a couple hours.

But, ultimately, by the time you shower, drink your post work out shake (probably wait at least a 1/2 hour to digest), and lay down, it just comes down to how long you lay there until you knock off.

A lot of people do it, and still have good success.

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry