TODAY'S GYM LESSON

• Today is C1W5D2 for me, and UBWO day.

Last UBWO was last Friday - W4D4.

Last weeks UBWO was a text book day.

Prior to last weeks (W3D7 UBWO), I had upped my dumb bell (chest) bench press to (12) 40#'s, (10) 50#'s, (8) 60#'s, (6) 70#'s, which, on the 4th set for 70# dumbbells, I couldn't get past the 5th rep.

So, last week for my last UBWO, prior to today, I kept the same weights. But when I got to 4th set 70# dumbbell bench press, not only did I make the 6th rep - but pushed out 4 more!

It was amazing! I felt a rush during the last 4 extra reps, and dropped my weights, jumped up and decided this is the "High Point" Bill Philips was talking about. It really is awesome! 

I felt like I was making real progress. Because I did!

Which brings us today.

So, I am thinking that, since I pushed past the 4th set of my 70# dumb bell bench press w/ 4 extra reps - I can up my weight.

Well, I get to the gym today, and I got my butt kicked by to very valuable lessons - about myself!

I had upped my dumb bell weights 5 # for all the bench press sets.

I was hitting a 10 intensity level by my 2nd set.

3rd set for 8 reps was at 65#, and just barely got the 8th rep up.

I grab the 75#'s, and waited my 60 sec rest.

This is it!

Here it goes!

This is for everything!!!  And ... , wait for it ....,  wait ....

I couldn't even get 1 rep up.

Not half way. No, barely even a 1/4 of the way.

Thats where I held it until, I couldn't hold there any more - about 20 secs.

So, I jump up quickly and grab 70#'s.

Couldn't get 1 rep out of that either!

That was it.

So, to make up for it, my last (2) sets of (12) reps I went to failure. 

Which was flyes, and decline dumb bell press.

So, lesson #1, when pushing the 4th set beyond the (6) reps, does not mean to up all the weights for all 4 sets for next work out.

Just up the 4th set weight the next time. and, add (3) more reps onto each set, then try upping the weight after that.

Lesson #2, I went an hour after my first meal, and did not feel the energy and strength I did from my last UBWO - which was in the after noon after 3rd meal.

So, for me, I am thinking, no sooner then an hour after second meal.

This morning, I just felt like I didn't have the proper amount of fuel. So, I am thinking first meal is not enough.

These are the 2 lesson I learned today - C!W5D2.

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• awesome! sounds like you are really getting in tune with your body and recognizing how food=fuel. great job!!!!!

• Amen terry.  When I forget my 6th meal some nights (Usually casein protein and apple) I usually have a horrible workout in the morning.  I have to go in at around 5:20-5:30 so my last meal is super important for my morning energy.  Good work and keep it up!

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."  -Henry Rollins-